EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello...Is there any warranty or partial reimbursement left at 149,000 miles for a stretched timing chain? I love my 2009 Enclave but If I invest the $2500-$3500 ++ in repairs, I'm worried something else major will break, resulting in more repairs and I'll have a "money pit" on my hands and not be able to recoup the spent "investment".

·
Registered
6,668 Posts
I believe it was 10 yr or 120,000 miles on the chain

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow $2500-$3500 to change timing chains? I just finished replacing mine and the parts were only a couple hundred dollars. I didn't think it was that bad of a job. Just had to take lots of stuff off to get to them. Did it with engine in vehicle.

·
Registered
622 Posts
There are some videos on Youtube replacing the chains, both in a out of vehicle. Time consuming and very tight to do in the vehicle, but if you have the time and the knowledge go for it. A few special tools make it easier.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just did mine too. Lots to take apart but was way cheaper than having the dealer do it. Mine failed while driving down the highway, the timing jumped and I ended up with 2-4-6 mis-fires while driving on the highway. The mis-fires took out the CAT, blew all the **** into the rear CAT. They're not cheap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts