EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More of a FYI than anything. I always like to 'get to know' the tire changing proceedure, just in case. In trying to get the jack out of the compartment in the drivers side rear, I found it next to impossible to remove. So I got out the manual and looked it up. There is a specific way that it comes out (remove hold down bolt, slide up out of clip, slide back down, rotate so bottom faces you, and 'wiggle it out'). If you try another way it won't work or you will gouge the plastic. Would hate to discover this at 3 am in the dark and in the rain! :confused:

·
Registered
743 Posts
That's why I have AAA and also don't forget GM Roadside Assist. 8)

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm afraid my manhood and midwestern values would suffer too much if I called AAA or GM to change a tire. ;)

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Thank you for calling Onstar...how may I help you?
Yup, that's my way of solving problems, also. When I was younger, I could change a flat in mere minutes (13" tires), change the oil, change spark plugs. This old lady (59 :sunny: ) ain't gonna be changing any 19" wheels on my Enclave. I have learned what is important to do myself, and that ain't one of the things. I do understand, being a guy, and not wanting to ask for help changing a tire. One of the downsides of being male. On the upside, in public restrooms, you can pee standing up. :notworthy:

I always liked the old bumper jacks; I bet this wouldn't accommodate the Enclave...[/color] :nono:

R

·
0 Posts
xrayman said:
I'm afraid my manhood and midwestern values would suffer too much if I called AAA or GM to change a tire. ;)
i have called them all the time to change a tire, no way am i wrecking my suit with a 100% silk shirt to change a tire thats an expense i just can afford to make twice.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
that doesnt sound like you thunder!?!?

R

·
0 Posts
Gmoney_2010 said:
that doesnt sound like you thunder!?!?
it is dont worry, my job has a "dress code", and their expensive. i dont want to look silly with a nice big oil stain right on my back, also the motorists around me wouldn't like my language while trying to change it.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
it is dont worry, my job has a "dress code", and their expensive. i dont want to look silly with a nice big oil stain right on my back, also the motorists around me wouldn't like my language while trying to change it.
That sounds like Thunder...

·
Registered
743 Posts
xrayman said:
If you're ever down in The ATL late at night, and have a flat on one of the Freeways, that will be a perfect time to test your Manhood. 8)

R

·
0 Posts
Top Dog said:
I am a 100% Disabled Vietnam War Veteran. I MUST depend on someone else to change a tire, maintenance etc..
my grand father was in the vietnam war, from i *think* 1949-1955 he was a colonel

·
Registered
208 Posts
i have called them all the time to change a tire, no way am i wrecking my suit with a 100% silk shirt to change a tire thats an expense i just can afford to make twice.
You working for an Italian family? I think I will start calling you Guido!!

R

·
0 Posts
Mama2Girls said:
You working for an Italian family? I think I will start calling you Guido!!

Call me Fat Tony, im sportin my tommy bahama shirt right now, i work at my parents law ferm, i want to become a realestate agent, so im there to learn about it. some of their dutys are closings so i go and watch and i fill in, at posts where people are sick or just not there, but my main job is really an assistant to 7 attorneys now.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I still like Guido better.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I can think of better ways to prove my manhood than changing a flat tire! ;D

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OUCH!! ;)
It looks like only those west of the Mississippi change their own flats!! Who knew?? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
208 Posts
I had a flat one day....in my garage. I had my older daughter at school, the younger had a friend over, I had to get somewhere. I called my husband. He said he was too busy at work to drive 40 minutes each way to change it for me. I called my dad. He said he was too busy at work to drive 10 minutes each way to fix it for me. Who needs 'em anyway?

I did it myself. I am a girl. I am proud. And I have always lived West of the Mississippi!

R

·
0 Posts
Mama2Girls said:
I had a flat one day....in my garage. I had my older daughter at school, the younger had a friend over, I had to get somewhere. I called my husband. He said he was too busy at work to drive 40 minutes each way to change it for me. I called my dad. He said he was too busy at work to drive 10 minutes each way to fix it for me. Who needs 'em anyway?

I did it myself. I am a girl. I am proud. And I have always lived West of the Mississippi!
good for you, i most of the time just drive it flat. i have changed many tires, before onstar, but since its free i figured why not, i have done alot with cars, i used to be a tech, some of the new sports cars and hummers have a run flat system, when my dad bought his 07 vette he asked where the spare tire was and they said you dont have one, he went WHAT, he said it has a run flat system that fixed holes up to a certain size automaticle allowing you to travel 60 miles an hour for 50 miles, i think they should put this on all cars.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mama2Girls said:
Just as I suspected :cheers:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts