EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 2016 enclave and I want to change the 19 inch wheels to 18. I want to run all terrain tires as I enjoy back country exploring. What tire profile would you suggest? Thank you in advance for your advice.

·
Super Moderator
574 Posts

The stock 255/60R19 convert out to 255/65R/18 or 31x10R18 for an identical diameter.

The Enclave (and lambda twins Acadia and Traverse) are basically just tall mini-vans though, so I hope you're not going too far off road, regardless of tires. Not a lot of ground clearance, zero underbody protection and an AWD system that's really only made for snow covered paved roads and not real off roading. There's an entertaining youtube channel I follow of an offroad recovery company that makes a great living pulling soft roaders like the Enclave out of holes when they get stuck trying to venture on real 4WD trails.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No 4wd trails but logging roads that are being used Still or just recently deactivated. Something I know the car will handle when I go out. Thank you for your help.

·
Super Moderator
574 Posts
Nice shots. When I had an Expedition that I would take on pretty tame off road excursions like that I ran Dueler A/T Revo’s and loved them. Looks like the current version is the Revo 3. Not sure if you can get it in a size that will be close to the OEM diameter though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts