EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

To buy or not to buy

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  JayS 
#1 ·
Looking at purchasing a 2014 Buick Enclave and was wondering if these vehicles are known to have any issues with the power train. I’ve had 2 friends say that they’ve had an enclave and the engines blew up early unexpectedly. Something to do with the timing chains slipping and causing the engine to fail. I figured the best place to come and ask is from other Enclave owners. Thanks!!

#2 ·
The design problem with the timing chain was resolved by 2014. You'll still see one fail from time to time but any vehicle that hasn't had proper oil changes done will have timing chain failures. The real high percentages that were occurring even in well maintained vehicles were in early models and they revised the chain, I think in 2010.

Our 2013 Enclave has been great. Bought it as a CPO and in almost 3 years I've only had to do brakes, rear shocks (an easy 30 minute job) and one rear side traffic sensor. The rear shocks I don't feel too bad about since our Enclave does a lot of tow duty so I know they're being stressed a bit. The side sensor is another story. Kinda pissed at GM on that because they have an extended replacement program for them on the Acadia but not the Enclave, and it's the exact same part mounted in the exact same spot (and prone to water intrusion which was what killed mine).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.