EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 244 Posts

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Donna Summer has passed away due to cancer. She was only 63 years old. May she RIP.

Cancer....one of the more feared words in the English language. I sure hope that in my lifetime I witness a cure.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/music/turnitup/chi-donna-summer-dead-singer-donna-summer-dead-at-63-20120517,0,2949810.column

Then yesterday I heard that Robert Kennedy, Jr.s wife passed away. They just released she died of asphyxiation due to hanging.
May she RIP as well.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/17/us/new-york-mary-kennedy-death/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
She worked hard for her money.....bump ba bump :thumb:

I actually like disco, I also like classical, soul, doo-wop, R&B....etc. everything except rap....and I do not even consider that "music"

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL I don't understand rap at all.

Disco...I remember well the 70's disco craze and I was in on it...dancing...had a blast!

Everything you list I like, add Country to that and it pretty much rounds up my preferences.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
I like some country....not the real twangy country, if you know what I mean ???

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MRBUICK said:
I like some country....not the real twangy country, if you know what I mean ???
LOL yes I think that is "Blue Grass" which is not a favorite of mine as well.,

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Sailfish said:
LOL yes I think that is "Blue Grass" which is not a favorite of mine as well.,
Some bluegrass seems a lot like Irish folk music; I think it's derived from that; then again country sounds like it must be at least in part from bluegrass.... and, I guess rock 'n' roll.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
I had no idea he had passed. If it is true that deaths come in threes,.which disco performer is next to make the headlines?

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
I remember him from "Hogan's Heros" and "Family Feud". I always preferred his hosting style on "the Feud" to any that have followed.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Don't forget "The Match Game" :thumb:

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
You are correct, but Richard was so good as a regular celebrity panelist......bottom row in the center :cheers:

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea that was a bummer when I read about his passing.

MRBUICK I have to tell you thanks for the link to his video. I sat here this morning laughing at several of the videos of his shows. Some contestants were...rather....wellllll....lacking in the "lights on nobody is home upstairs" department. ::) ;)

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I had already watched that one and was laughing my butt off. :happy: :happy:

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
661 Posts
I just heard that Doc Watson passed away. It was several days ago but I just heard today froma friend.
If you do not recognize the name, he was a pioneer in "flat picking" guitar. Blues, folk, bluegrass. A truly great musician and, from all accounts a fine human being.
I had the pleasure of seeing him in concert a few years ago. Good showman, and a "good old boy.

1 - 20 of 244 Posts
About this Discussion
243 Replies
11 Participants
GoldEnclave
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing