EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I narrowed our search for a new vehicle to an Enclave about 2 months ago. I am a reaserch and info nut when it comes to making a large purchase such as a vehicle and I have been on the web for several months doing just that. Since deciding on the Enclave I have spent hours as a guest roaming this site, which has more info on the Enclave than anyone could imagine. First I would like to say thanks to all that contibuted info, opinions both pro and con, and their excitement for the Enclave to this forum.

We live out in the country between two towns that have Buick dealerships. We visited the one closest first and they had both of the colors that my wife and I liked (WDT and Gold Mist). We test drove the gold mist since it was outside and my wife fell even deeper in love with the Enclave. Both were loaded to the max which is way more than we needed in a vehicle and way above our price range. We got a price on just a base CXL with towing package before we left. A couple of days later we went to the other Buick dealership and looked at what they had and again they were realy loaded up and no WDT or Gold Mist. Got a price on ordering what we wanted and at a much lower price. From the discussion on this forum I learned of the 09 ordering to start soon so we decide to wait and order a 09 which I figured is going to go up at least 5% overall.

I drive by the second dealership daily to and from work. I noticed the other day that they had a Gold Mist on the lot so I stopped by and took a look and again I found it loaded to the max but the color that my wife wanted ( I wanted the WDT). I went home and told my wife of the Gold Mist on the lot and we started talking. I called the salesman the next day and gave him an offer. He called me back with a counter offer of $600 more and I told him I would sleep on it. We went Friday since I was off so my wife could look at it and we could decide. Our sellsman told us when we arrived that they would meet us half way and they needed an answer because their sister dealership about 100 miles away had a buyer ( not a selling ploy, they really had another buyer). I told him we would let him know in about 20 to 30 minutes after thinking and talking it over. Well as you can imagine it didn't take my wife the walk back to my truck to make the decision.

Even though we did not want all of the many extras I think I made a good deal. What do you think????

2008 CXL Gold Mist
Driver confidence package
Luxury package
19" chrome wheels
Power sunroof with 2nd row skylight
Entertainment package #3
Trailering package

$ 37,895.00

Thanks again!

Texan

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Wow, I think that is a great deal. It is the same as mine, but I have a WDT and I was close to 42 when it was all said and done including taxes, dealer prep and advertising fee etc.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Depending on whether you got the 8 passenger or 7 --
Invoice puts you at ~38k including destination.

So you have done well.

Where there any rebates/cash backs in the price?

Which Tejas dealership did you purchase from (I'm in Austin)

m

·
Registered
114 Posts
Re: Took the Enclave plunge yesterday! How'd I do?

WAY TO GO! Congratulations on the new vehicle. We got ours on Tuesday night, and you and I communicated on IM. Did you get the bench seat on the second row like you wanted?

We wanted the buckets in the center. I have been looking mine over each day, and learning more and more. It is a complicated vehicle with a lot of conveniences. I am the technical type, so I found out where the battery is...(between the front and center seats inside on the passenger side under the floor). One T-20 screw holds the cover down, and it lifts up to expose the battery beneath the floor. That gave them more room under the hood. Great idea in my opinion.

I forgot to ask. Did you get AWD or FWD? From the looks of that price, I would say FWD, but if you got AWD for that price then good on you.

I am enjoying this one. I marvel at the smoothness of this big vehicle on the road. Since I already have break in miles (12,000), I am getting between 24.5 and 25.6 mpg on the road when I let it cruise. I deliberately take my time to watch the fuel mileage accumulate, and the range keeps getting longer and longer.

Take care and enjoy the car.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
There is more to the battery placement than hood room. It is related to temperature under the hood and the battery. There is a video on this site about it, I will try to find it and post it for you.

Try this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90X4CQNwV7w

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thanks BSOX,
You are right. There is much more to it than originally thought. I saw the clip-on ammeter around the positive cable to measure amp load and adjust the alternator output accordingly. Very sophisticated. The battery is well out of the way, and much cooler down there.

This is how the current Cadillac models are as well. Having it remotely mounted reduces the chances of having a battery blow up in your face while jump starting. The jump starting occurs under the hood. Very smart!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Congrats!

And again, NOTHING better than thinking you'll have to order and wait...only to stumble on one already on a lot, AND get a great deal on it. You did both, very well. Even pondering the $600, hah, on a $40k vehicle, I wouldn't think that "discussion" would take more than a few seconds for a yes. At least in my book :thumb:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is a 7 passenger even though my wife wanted the 2nd row bench. We have one grandchild that still requires child seat and she wanted the bench to be able to strap her in the center and still have room for seating on each side for our other two.

Edmonds has this Enclave listed at $39,867 invoice with all of the options. This was an events car along with several others that were brought in for the Shell Open PGA tourney for advertizing/PR by Buick. After it was over the Buicks were distibuted out to area dealers. I am sure the dealership got it at a reduced price and is why they struck me such a great deal.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Texan said:
bsox,
Drive out was $40500. I just entered the agreed to selling price.

Texan
Thanks, you still got a great deal, but I feel a little better now. You will love it...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts