EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the Acadia forum people talk of adding the Tow Mode Switch. They claim that the transmission shift pattern changed with no programming necessary. Has anyone added the switch to their Enclave?

Does anyone have a picture in their gallery showing the button layout with the Tow Mode button?

·
Registered
76 Posts
The switch comes with the tow package and does do as described on the Acadia forum. I'm not sure if the shifting feature can be added after the fact. Of course anything can be done for a price! I don't have a picture of mine but it is a button just to the left of the tailgate hatch open/close button with a little symbol that looks like a utility trailer. When the feature is engaged, a similar looking symbol is lit in yellow on the bottom of the instrument cluster.

One small gripe about the arrangement is that the shifter partially obscures the buttons, and on occassion I have accidentally opened the rear hatch when meaning to engage tow mode and vice-versa!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
If it can be added to the Acadia, then it can be added to the Clave. Now to determine how which is the bigger question ???

·
Registered
6,454 Posts
take note- that depending on what features you have/dont have--- that panel will look a little different.
For example- my 2010 Traverse-- heres what my panel looks like... (so verify what your panel looks like)- you dont want to order a panel-without enough buttons-

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
button layout depends on model year and other factors; as you can see from the above pics

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the pics!!

I think I am going to order the switch and give it a try. There is quite a bit of information about adding the button to the Acadia, including the part number. The Acadia part number is 15249974 and several websites list this part number. I think the 08 Enclave switch part number is 839586 but I don't see any information about it when I search. Bummer.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now that I look at the part number closer it looks like it is missing two digits. The website I got the number from actually says "**839586". I wonder what does the ** mean?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
rcrules
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing