EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't see this having been brought up, but for those of you with the factory Tow Package...could you possibly take the bumper hitch cover panel off and see what part # is listed on it? There should be a # printed right on the inside face somewhere.

This would be for the different cladding colors, as well, which would make the # different. Look if you have the Dark Charcoal, Argent, Dark Cocoa Ash, Dark Red, and Satin Nickel Metallic variations...and llist what you find :thumb:

Should be good information, in situations with those that don't have the package and someone just adds a hitch for bike rack duty (i.e. no concern for towing), but also wants the OEM hitch cover plate--which looks to fit into the same space as the flat piece on the non-tow model bumpers.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Mine is WIP010767.
Also has incomplete printing along the tag bottom (??67 CONT HITCH CVR 9570 Dk Argent Mon??)

Wayne

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting. I've tried a few different combos of those numbers, but yet to get an actual part listed. Usually don't have letters, and are 8 characters, but if that's what's printed...the number must be some kind of a combination or one of those things there.

·
Registered
214 Posts
The WIP---- sticker is probably the dark argent paint code. By the light of day, I see embossed in the part the # 15287669 followed by a stamped -C.

Wayne

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now THAT sounds like a part number :thumb:

If only it showed up in the online catalogs yet. I emailed one parts person I've dealt with at GMPartsHouse.com to see what they can get, since usually their system gives them everything, in the instance they had to replace such a piece under warranty, etc.

Let's continue with the other colors, as well...and get all the numbers we can, listed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am looking for the same part for a Cocoa Enclave. I adding the hitch, but cannot find the part number for the hitch cover. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cchatelle said:
I am looking for the same part for a Cocoa Enclave. I adding the hitch, but cannot find the part number for the hitch cover. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hopefully someone with that same color cladding will chime in soon. Like I said, the # sunshadw found doesn't come up in the GM parts ordering sites, but dealer parts departments should have no problem with it.

I think so far then we have the Dark Argent...yours would be the Dark Cocoa Ash, I believe.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I have the same part number molded/stamped into my cover, under the sticker. The sticker on mine says WIP010769 and below that is says CONT HITCH CVR 9570 Cocoa Ash Mon.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
zman said:
I have the same part number molded/stamped into my cover, under the sticker. The sticker on mine says WIP010769 and below that is says CONT HITCH CVR 9570 Cocoa Ash Mon.
Any 8 digit # like sunshadw eventually found in the daylight?

If this part is anything like the GM running boards or splash guards, the first 6 of the part # should be the same for all...and then the last 2 specific to color.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
caddycruiser said:
Any 8 digit # like sunshadw eventually found in the daylight?

If this part is anything like the GM running boards or splash guards, the first 6 of the part # should be the same for all...and then the last 2 specific to color.
I guess I should have been more specific. When I said the same part number I meant the same part number as sunshadw - "15287669 followed by a stamped -C".

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
zman said:
I guess I should have been more specific. When I said the same part number I meant the same part number as sunshadw - "15287669 followed by a stamped -C".
And it would also help if I read fully ;)

Okay, so we at least have a number now. Except...both of you have different cladding colors, so that makes me wonder more now--since, as I said, 2 digits should usually be different. OR, maybe it is just set up in the system that the # is always the same, you just specify color. Not sure yet.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The timing of this thread is funny as I just received my order from Gene at gmpartshouse.com. You cannot order the fascia piece pre-painted. Gene said the description of the fascia piece said "primed only". It did not come primed it is just bare plastic. The part number is 25775358 (it does have 15287669 on the back).

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
rcrules said:
The timing of this thread is funny as I just received my order from Gene at gmpartshouse.com. You cannot order the fascia piece pre-painted. Gene said the description of the fascia piece said "primed only". It did not come primed it is just bare plastic. The part number is 25775358 (it does have 15287669 on the back).
PERFECT timing for sure! And I too, had just emailed the same Gene about it.

Odd that lower cladding is painted, and not simply molded in the correct color...but that really answers the question then. Is it just textured black or gray then?

And ikes...$131 list, or $100 discounted. Then again, not unexpected.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's interesting, but after I verified the part # and price with a dealer, plus the fact that it only comes in plastic that must be painted to match your particular cladding...I have a weird feeling that the part being discussed on the Acadia forum was a mistake, as it doesn't seem to show up in any online parts system.

Or it could be right--haven't seen an update in the thread on the other forum yet, either way. It's a part that shouldn't cost as much as what we've found it does, but just not sure about this "other" one claimed yet.

·
Registered
110 Posts
So glad to find this part number. Thanks to all of you that contributed years ago. My dealer wants to charge me $225 plus labor to paint and install this part.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Believe they come in lower body colors as my new 11' has lower body color sticker on inside.

·
Registered
703 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry I'm posting on another old topic, but I am hoping to be getting an Enclave for my growing family, and we need something with a hitch as we always seem to be in the process of moving, whether it's us or family/friends that need help. I also love to find hidden treasures at garage sales or thrift stores and would love to be able to have a car that's able to help me bring the bigger pieces home. Was wondering about the towing capabilities of this car. Would love any input. Thanks!

** E

1 - 19 of 19 Posts