EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are getting ready to put some new tires on my wife's 2015 Enclave. The TPMS has been not working for over a year now and I was wondering if there is a way to disable it so the warning doesn't come on every time you start the car.

Just to clarify; we will not be getting the sensors replaced. The cost is just not justifiable right now.

Thanks!

·
Registered
369 Posts
We are getting ready to put some new tires on my wife's 2015 Enclave. The TPMS has been not working for over a year now and I was wondering if there is a way to disable it so the warning doesn't come on every time you start the car.

Just to clarify; we will not be getting the sensors replaced. The cost is just not justifiable right now.

Thanks!
Ebay has 4 for $25.56 there is no way to turn off the I.P. light since its a Federally mandated safety item just like mirrors,turn signals etc.

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
yup. Thats what Ive done when I know its getting time to replace tires and the sensors are are up there in age.
Ive ordered the sensors on ebay. Take them with me to the tire shop.

in the last couple of years some new sensors that are smaller have come out. theyre also cheaper in price than the bigger sensors of earlier model years.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've used Discount Tire for years (no affiliation), and they have offered reasonably priced sensors in the past. Time to bite the bullet, I'm afraid, whether you source the sensors from Amazon, Ebay or Discount Tire.

Just a suggestion, have you ever had the TPMS system re-programmed? Most tire shops will do it for free, and that often solves a lot of TPMS problems. BTW, that should be done each time tires are rotated on later model cars. If not, the readout in the Monitor will identify incorrect problem tire positions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts