EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At 133,000 km, thinking of trading in the 2009 for a 2016.
I haven't been on this forum for a while, I noticed a couple of things so far, a mpg claim rebate? and a wiper motor recall.
Welcoming any feedback from owners of 2016, interested to know if reliability has generally improved over the past 7 years.
Thanks!

·
Registered
52 Posts
We have a 2015 and so far after 8 months no issues other than the windshield developing a crack after a rock hit the leading outside edge where no protection is.
You might not have much luck with owners and reliability of 2016s because they have not been out very long.

·
Registered
150 Posts
As an owner of a 09 Traverse LTZ. I just traded for a 15 Enclave Premium. The improvements I feel are head and shoulders over the 09. My Trsverse had 77000 miles and did not have any major problems. But with all the problems the early cars had hanging over your head. This 15 seams to have all those things work out, I hope.

·
Registered
46 Posts
We traded a 08 Enclave FWD CXL2 w/80k miles for a 2013 Enclave AWD Premium with 37k miles. Only reason was we needed AWD.
MIL traded a 2010 Enclave AWD CXL2 for a 2016 Enclave AWD Convenience.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I know probably I don't count. But I traded in My 2007 SRX V8 to the 2016 Enclave Leather. But then third day driving it, my windshield cracked but luckily the dealer repaired it for free and it was my only free windsheild card. Had to trade in the SRX just because I'm honestly have to put more money into it as its getting more problems at barely 100k miles.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I ordered a 2011 & 2014 Premium and have not had any issues and both have been driven 48000, I wouldn't expect any problems going forward. My 2011 was sold and the owner has no problems to date. If your buying off the lot you may have more issues than an ordered vehicle.

·
Registered
121 Posts
redvett said:
I ordered a 2011 & 2014 Premium and have not had any issues and both have been driven 48000, I wouldn't expect any problems going forward. My 2011 was sold and the owner has no problems to date. If your buying off the lot you may have more issues than an ordered vehicle.
Redvett, This is interesting and new to me. Please explain the reasoning for an ordered vehicle being more reliable than one off the lot.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I think it might have to be something with test drive as the ones on the lot you never know how the other people drive when they test drove the car?

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
vic1212 said:
I think it might have to be something with test drive as the ones on the lot you never know how the other people drive when they test drove the car?
That's a good point. Though I'm not sure how a few full throttle tests to check out a brand new car's power might impact the engine's break-in, it's certainly if not optimal.

·
Registered
121 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
That's a good point. Though I'm not sure how a few full throttle tests to check out a brand new car's power might impact the engine's break-in, it's certainly if not optimal.

Doubt it too.

In fact according to our owner's manuals it states to not drive at steady speeds during the break-in period but rather more of a varied rpm range (paraphrase). Plus I doubt the average Enclave owner is redlining it. Come to think of it, the tach on my '11 doesn't even have a redline.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Paul K. said:
Doubt it too.

In fact according to our owner's manuals it states to not drive at steady speeds during the break-in period but rather more of a varied rpm range (paraphrase). Plus I doubt the average Enclave owner is redlining it. Come to think of it, the tach on my '11 doesn't even have a redline.
The sales person who guided my recent Audi test drive instructed me to "punch it" at one point in order to get a sense for the engine's power. Being conservative, I didn't actually floor the accelerator pedal, but I did push it a bit until I was satisfied with the engine's performance.

So, I suppose that you might be correct that a few full throttle moments on a brand new car aren't necessarily bad for the drivetrain.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
But come to think of it, many of the enclaves on the lot probably have stayed on the lot for a while as well. I know mine for sure stayed on the lot since last year of August

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My short list included the 2016 Enclave, Durango and 4Runner. I decided to go with the 2016 4Runner Limited, so have traded the 2009 Enclave in as of 04-Jul-2016. Not quite the Buick smooth ride, but a beautiful truck indeed.

·
Registered
121 Posts
rblt said:
My short list included the 2016 Enclave, Durango and 4Runner. I decided to go with the 2016 4Runner Limited, so have traded the 2009 Enclave in as of 04-Jul-2016. Not quite the Buick smooth ride, but a beautiful truck indeed.
I think the 4Runner is still body-on-frame construction, has a shorter wheelbase and is a little lighter than the Enclave. Those all equal less ride quality. However, I agree nice truck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts