EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to use the trailer hitch for the first time yesterday. One of the holes for the receiver pin was not properly drilled so the pin would not fit. Three hours of running around to trailer hitch shops and a $20 drill bit from Sears later, I got the receiver installed. It may have just been a defect on my hitch, but I thought I would mention it so someone else doesn't discover the problem when they are ready for an outing.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Mine was OK, no problem.

Wayne

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have an Enclave with trailering pkg ordered (I tow a 2500 lb pop-up). Is the receiver the standard 2" or is it the smaller 1.25". Is any modiication needed to the wiring harness or can I simply plug up and go as with my Tahoe and Avalanche. The bulletin mentioned in the Towing section sounds like wiring modifications must be done. Appreciate feedback from any of you who have towed or are planning to do so. Thanx!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Colonel said:
I have an Enclave with trailering pkg ordered (I tow a 2500 lb pop-up). Is the receiver the standard 2" or is it the smaller 1.25". Is any modiication needed to the wiring harness or can I simply plug up and go as with my Tahoe and Avalanche. The bulletin mentioned in the Towing section sounds like wiring modifications must be done. Appreciate feedback from any of you who have towed or are planning to do so. Thanx!
It's a 2" receiver. I don't know if any mods need to be done to the wiring, but the jack is for a round seven connector plug.

joe

·
Registered
333 Posts
FlyingDiver said:
It's a 2" receiver. I don't know if any mods need to be done to the wiring, but the jack is for a round seven connector plug.

joe
I had to pick-up a seven connector to four flat connector adapter for my boat, haven't towed it yet though

·
Registered
122 Posts
What class hitch is it? I want to buy a cargo box and need to know if it class II or class III. Owners manual has no info. javascript:void(0);
flaming mad

1 - 9 of 9 Posts