EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

Trailer Wiring for Rear View Camera

8K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  ls973800 
#1 ·
Hello My name is Corey. I bought myself an 09 Enclave with the towing package. Ive looked on here for towing tips and such. The one thing i havent noticed is someone making a jumper wire on the trailer side to activate the camera. Im curious if anyone has tried to jump the power wire or running lights to the reverse plug on the trailer so when its connected to the car. The car will think its in Reverse when its not and just activate the lights and in turn the camera.... the power back-feeding should stop at the neutral safety switch in theory.. Im afraid to try it and not fry something out. Only thing im thinking if this works would just constantly leave reverse lights on, big deal its extra light to see if its dark .. and it might scare some people lol.

Has anyone tried this theory to see if it would work or not? Thanks for the help in advance.

#2 ·
I know there are products being sold which fool the car into thinking the car is in park, thereby allowing inputs to be made into the navigation unit while moving. I believe some of the products also have the ability to view the rear view camera while moving forward.

I can't for the life of me remember the product name right now. I will try searching and see if I can find what I am referring to.

If you wanted just the navigation inputs, you used to be able to install a $5.00 switch and tap into the VSS green/white wire under the dash. There are posts about how to do that. I don't know if any of the later model years still had the work around as a possibility.

#3 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.