EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gonna post this in "technical" also, but I felt it very important, so I'm doing both!!

Just had the re-flash done, (took 30 minutes) and went home. Noticed on the DIC display that I was getting 53 MPG!!! Normally I keep DIC set on "Timer" setting. I was thinking about which restaurant I would treat the service tech and his family to when I pushed the button to display "Odomete"r setting. It said i had traveled 44 miles!! The dealer is about 14 miles from my house! I quickly saw the situation (and dream of great gas mileage) was a computer problem.

I'm at the dealer now, waiting in there courtesy room. They're calling GM as computer when checked out, said all is OK ! I seem to remember someone else had this problem also. BEWARE as you will be out of warranty (50K miles) real soon, if you don't notice this glitch. Trans shifts great!!! Glad someone else on this forum mentioned it and I remembered it! (sorry couldn't find it!)

·
Registered
525 Posts
I had the re-flash done several weeks ago and no problem. Maybe one of the GM guys can chime in, but I believe there is also something done to the engine 'puter when the tranny is re-flashed. Maybe that was the problem. Hope everything gets resolved for you.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All resolved! Took them 2 extra hours. Guess i was their virgin? I suspect you are right though. 2 computers/modules to be done! WELL WORTH IT!! tranny shifts nicer. just remember...... ;) ..it's still a 6 cyl!

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I had trans update done yesterday. It drives great!!! Not sure if I was their virgin or not, I didn't take the GM's letter with me and it took a bit of convincing that there is trans upgrade for the Enclave, they couldn't find out in the system. After plugging my VIN number all they found was a NAV software upgrade (DOH!) well eventually after a little more looking she found what I was talking about.

I have a gas station exactly .7 miles from my house. Since I reset my trip counter every time i fill up, I have measured this distance at least hundreds of times in past 4 years on all different vehicles. Yesterday when returning from the dealer, I hit reset as I passed by that gas station. To my surprise the trip counter read 0.9 miles when I got home! I have never measured the distance (at least I can't recall) on Enclave before, since it is my wife's car and she fills it up most of the time.

Not sure if there is a problem or not, I will keep an eye on it and will post later. It is not good for the lease!!

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I further checked mine using the Nav system. I you just drive with Nav displayed (rather than radio stations) and pressed the little rectangles lines on the map (middle left) This turns on a function that shows up-coming intersections, exits etc..... WITH "MILES AWAY" data! It was easy to watch the odometer hit .0 setting as it clicks along, and look to see if any up coming roads/exits were 1 mile away. It matched up with a road in a few minutes and I saw them hit the mark (both odometer and Nav screen) at the same time! Figure it's right on!

Also looked for a sign indicating an exit was 1 mile away and checked odometer again. Either way works w/o a second car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts