EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gonna post this in "technical" also but I felt it to be unobvious and very important, so I'm doing both!!

Just had the re-flash done, (took 30 minutes) and went home. Noticed on the DIC display that I was getting 53 MPG!!! Normally I keep DIC set on "Timer" setting. I was thinking about which restaurant I would treat the service tech and his family to when I pushed the button to display "Odomete"r setting. It said i had traveled 44 miles!! The dealer is about 14 miles from my house! I quickly saw the situation (and dream of great gas mileage) was a computer problem.

I'm at the dealer now, waiting in there courtesy room. They're calling GM as computer when checked out, said all is OK ! I seem to remember someone else had this problem also. BEWARE as you will be out of warranty (50K miles) real soon, if you don't notice this glitch. Trans shifts great!!! Glad someone else on this forum mentioned it and I remembered it! (sorry couldn't find it!)
Will post final outcome...............

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Smokin
What was the outcome?
My tranny update was done last month, but I didn't check the mileage/odometer since.
I drove it today and my 10 mile trip to work recorded as 10 miles, so I guess I am OK.
Good luck.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
dwhsd said:
How can an Enclave owner tell which version of transmission software they have?
As far as I know, you need to call your dealer. They will be able to tell based on the build date as well as looking it up with your vin number in regards to any bulletins on your vehicle. What I believe to be true is most of them built after august will have the newest version.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry for delay in posting! Day got away from me after spending 2 additional hours at dealer for a 20 minute re-flash. Bsox is right about after Aug as a guideline to your particular auto's trans. Dealer can tell if they check Vin # , I imagine?

Results: perfect!! :thumb: Tranny shifts more like my old 4 speed auto. All mileage and speed functions OK. Dealer says "not sure what caused it. They checked everything and then did it again". That's all I know.

If unhappy w/downshift feel of transmission, I would recommend re-flash.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
:cheers:
:thumb:

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Going next week :thumb:

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Smokin SRX said:
Sorry for delay in posting! Day got away from me after spending 2 additional hours at dealer for a 20 minute re-flash. Bsox is right about after Aug as a guideline to your particular auto's trans.  Dealer can tell if they check  Vin # , I imagine?

Results: perfect!!    :thumb: Tranny shifts more like my old 4 speed auto.  All mileage and speed functions OK.  Dealer says "not sure what caused it. They checked everything and then did it again".  That's all I know.

If unhappy w/downshift feel of transmission, I would recommend re-flash.
Mine has the "newest" software since it was built in Sept.  Would you please read the discussion on a thread I started in the general section entitled "first road trip".  The GM trannie guy was very nice and helped me with some of my concerns on that thread.  If you think the reflash helped with what I was describing could you post and let me know.  Thanks.  Bsox

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bsox said:
Mine has the "newest" software since it was built in Sept. Would you please read the discussion on a thread I started in the general section entitled "first road trip". The GM trannie guy was very nice and helped me with some of my concerns on that thread. If you think the reflash helped with what I was describing could you post and let me know. Thanks. Bsox
I posted it on that thread! Give me a day or 2 and I'll know much more!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts