EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi sorry if this is already posted I looked and can’t seem to find an answer .
I have a 2014 enclave and my local jiffy lube said the fluid is not on the dipstick for my transmission . I got home and if I check it with out the vehicle running it’s perfect but with it running it’s dry. I just don’t want to add too much.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry , just to add. There are no leaks . Just wondering if it needs to be checked running or not. Thanks

·
Registered
208 Posts
Automatic transmission fluids are supposed to be check while the engine has reached normal operating temperature,and is idling on leveled surface. The fluid level has to register on the dipstick or it is definitely low. On a personal note, I have been staying away from Jiffy Lube since the 90's after I caught them trying to put on my drain plug with an impact ratchet.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Running and up to temp (hot). Do not add fluid when the transmission is cold and the engine is not running because you have no idea how much is in the transmission if its not running and up to temp. If Jiffy Lube checked your tranny fluid without the engine running the person doing it didn't know what he was doing.

·
Registered
180 Posts
At least you can check your fluid; not possible on the 2018 or later without going to the dealer.

·
Registered
2015 Buick Enclave
2 Posts
Our 2015 had a similar issue when I checked it with 60k KM. Level was low, but drove fine. When I changed the fluid it took about 16oz (500ml) more to register in the hash marks (while at operating temperature). I believe at cold it would just touch the bottom of the dip stick. If you're comfortable enough adding fluid (Dexron VI) to the transmission then you can try to top it up. You're over the 5 year mark for your transmission fluid so you should have had it replaced in the last year or two. Don't let Jiffy Lube do this work - better off at a licensed mechanic (or just sit for a week in front of youtube and get the courage to do it yourself).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts