EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 Enclave

Today I went around a corner at apps 20 mph and felt a slight transmission slip. I’ve noticed it a couple times in the three years I’ve owned it. The transmission had had no major issues besides the occasion slip. (Always while turning at speed) I have had the transmission service done at the dealer just over a year ago. Figured I’d check the level anyway. That brings me to my question.

Is max/min level the top and bottom of of the hashmark? Seems like a pretty narrow window. I also find it odd the manual says there’s no need to check the transmission fluid.

·
Registered
6,668 Posts
Max is at or near top of X.

But, what I would do is do a simple drain and refill.
Manual calls for 5.3 qts when you do a simple drain. (the rest remains in the tq converter and lines) but it drains the bottom of trans. (I believe the trans capacity is 9.x qts)
once you do this- your trans fluid level should be in the right place unless youve been dripping fluid for a while.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IS it a transmission slip, or a transaxle issue?
Feels like a slip. Happens when i press on the gas in a corner at APPX 20 mph. Does t feel like it’s coming from one tire or another, but the whole vehicle. I’ve read in the past it has something to do with the transmission not knowing what gear to be in. I drive to work and back the other day without radio on to listen for any issues as well. Seems these 6 speed transmissions aren’t the best.

·
Registered
206 Posts
First thing I would try is to shift into M or L to limit the transmission in 1st and 2nd while taking the usual turn. If the problem persists, we just confirmed it is a transmission slip. I would then head down to local auto parts store and look for a bottle of transmission conditioner that fixes transmission slips that is compatible with your transmission, pour it in and see if the problem goes away. This is about as cheap as it will get and could very well solve the problem. Good Luck and keep us posted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts