EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a brand new 2021 Enclave Essence. Transmission started slipping at 400 miles around 25-30 mph. Engine revs to 4000 rpm before it finally finds a gear. Dealer looked at it once stating they were unable to duplicate the problem. Vehicle shows no trouble codes. Its a very random problem. Dealer wants me to leave it with them for 4-6 weeks as that is the earliest they can schedule it for service. Really hate to pay for a car that is not sitting in my driveway.

·
Registered
372 Posts
That's unfortunate. I wonder if they could quickly reset the transmission computer so it can 'relearn' your driving habits prior to you leaving it with them for 4-6 weeks. It might be worth a try.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a brand new 2021 Enclave Essence. Transmission started slipping at 400 miles around 25-30 mph. Engine revs to 4000 rpm before it finally finds a gear. Dealer looked at it once stating they were unable to duplicate the problem. Vehicle shows no trouble codes. Its a very random problem. Dealer wants me to leave it with them for 4-6 weeks as that is the earliest they can schedule it for service. Really hate to pay for a car that is not sitting in my driveway.
That's unfortunate. I wonder if they could quickly reset the transmission computer so it can 'relearn' your driving habits prior to you leaving it with them for 4-6 weeks. It might be worth a try.
Selling dealer wont touch it without leaving it for an appointment. I am going to try to find another dealer that may be willing to squeeze it into their schedule for just a quick look

·
Registered
4 Posts
Go to a different dealer .
I had to take my 2019 to 3 dealers until the last one noticed I had a problem.
Mike slipped between 65 and 75 on full throttle down shift

·
Registered
2018 Enclave Premium
2 Posts
I had to take my 2018 in the first week I had it For a shudder in the transmission. Apparently people are having shuddering issues through some of the gears. I experienced it only from starting off. It was extremely noticeable. They did a transmission flush at the dealer and it needed a software update on the computer. So frustrating but at least it’s sorted out. Too many computers in cars these days. Mine still does odd shifts sometimes. Grrrrr

1 - 6 of 6 Posts