EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO my Enclave will be here Friday...............what is this Im reading about a transmission upgrade? Will this be an issue with my Enclave?

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
civileng68 said:
SO my Enclave will be here Friday...............what is this Im reading about a transmission upgrade? Will this be an issue with my Enclave?
No you will have the most recent software as all built after August first have the most recent programming. I hope you enjoy it, they are beautiful vehicles.

·
Registered
466 Posts
It should be the case but have it checked anyway. I collected mine on the 31 st August - built mid August - no upgrade was applied - I had to have it done in Sept.

It is only a quick question and easily answered.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
asgard said:
It should be the case but have it checked anyway. I collected mine on the 31 st August - built mid August - no upgrade was applied - I had to have it done in Sept.

It is only a quick question and easily answered.
Really? Wow that is news to me. I have not heard of anyone with that late of build date that needed the update (with a build date after August 1). Mine was built in early Sept. and I have to admit I did ask to be sure and was told it was the current update. Your comment really makes me wonder about the accuracy of the info we have been getting or dare I say, the reliability of the info you got.

·
Registered
214 Posts
bsox said:
No you will have the most recent software as all built after August first have the most recent programming.
Mine had a date of 08/01/07 on the Certificate Of Origin (about as close as you can get), and when I had the oil changed at 3000 miles the dealer checked the computer and said no reflash required. Also, I haven't received any notification from GM.

Wayne

·
Registered
317 Posts
Like sunshadw, ours was built in August (8/8 - confirmed by the dealer, the invoice and by GM) and was built with the newest/latest transmission programming. One of the GM folks that's been a part of responding to our questions and complaints re the transmission is lzwbh2 -- he posted the original information about the transmission programming production changeover after 8/1 here in this thread on the Acadia forum: http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=207;sa=showPosts.

Something is rotten in Denmark asgard -- what does the sticker on your driver's door indicate for build date? It will show month/year and that's really all you need. If it shows as 8/2007, your vehicle never needed the update and your dealer was very likely giving you a load of :bs:. For anyone else out there picking up an ordered Enclave, you will have the new flash. And if you happen to find one on the dealer's lot, check check the little tag inside the driver's door for month/year of the build.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts