EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello so I have 2009 enclave that recently starting having transmission problems. My reverse gear sometimes wont work i have to put it in drive and then to reverse to work. And now 2nd shift is starting to hesitate like is getting stuck. So my question is could it be related to the wave plate issues? Dealer told they had drop the transmission in order to check if its the wave plate at a $800 cost. Not sure what to do.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hello so I have 2009 enclave that recently starting having transmission problems. My reverse gear sometimes wont work i have to put it in drive and then to reverse to work. And now 2nd shift is starting to hesitate like is getting stuck. So my question is could it be related to the wave plate issues? Dealer told they had drop the transmission in order to check if its the wave plate at a $800 cost. Not sure what to do.

Sounds like a wave-plate, they also have issues with the TECHM, "transmission control module",how many miles on the vehicle? Any transmission codes read ? Probably looking at transmission rebuild which as you know won't be inexpensive. Get a quote if if it needs a wave-plate replacement and determine if the repair cost is worth it to you.

·
Banned
51 Posts
I hear strange sounds when switching gears, maybe something is wrong with the transmission. Yes, perhaps this indicates a problem with the box.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Change the transmission oil first. It seems like you need to change this transmission oil every 30,000 miles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts