EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I get a "headless" (transponderless) circle plus key blank so I could have a nice flat key (see picture) that I can keep in my wallet in case I manage to lock my keys in my Enclave? It wouldn't operate the ignition, of course, but I could open the door and retrieve my "real" key

I've been looking on the internet but so far can't find any evidence that such a thing exists for the GM circle plus key. The picture below is an example, but where can I buy such a thing? Do locksmiths have them?

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just remembered that the picture is what's left of a third-party circle plus key after the head broke up. D'oh!

The question, though, stands--does anyone know of a source for tranponderless key blank or "credit card key" blank for the GM circle plus key so that I can have a nice thin key that will open the door?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Where can I get a "headless" (transponderless) circle plus key blank so I could have a nice flat key (see picture) that I can keep in my wallet in case I manage to lock my keys in my Enclave? It wouldn't operate the ignition, of course, but I could open the door and retrieve my "real" key

I've been looking on the internet but so far can't find any evidence that such a thing exists for the GM circle plus key. The picture below is an example, but where can I buy such a thing? Do locksmiths have them?

I knew they had show it to me when I bought my enclave, hee it is

Key Release

In case of loss of vehicle power, press the button on the back of the transmitter to pull out the door lock key. Remove the cap on the rear part of the driver’s door handle to access the lock.

page 4 https://my.buick.com/content/dam/gmownercenter/gmna/dynamic/manuals/2018/Buick/Enclave/2018-buick-enclave-get-to-know-guide.pdf

·
Registered
83 Posts
Somehow I once managed to close my door and have it lock with the keys in the ignition. After kicking myself for doing that I remembered the OnStar app only phone and used that to unlock the car.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I had the hardware store make up a chip-less dumb key for my wallet. It's nothing special. They can use a plain GM blank. The dumb key will unlock the door and let you grab your chip key. Do it quickly as the car alarm will sound in 15 seconds if you don't grab the fob and disable it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
Bigal56
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing