EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw the news report that the Mazda CX9 was awarded the "truck of the year" honor at the International Auto show in Detroit...... :eek:hno:

Enclave was a runner up....BUT.....STILL #1 in my book. Enclave Rules!!!!! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
juglake said:
Just saw the news report that the Mazda CX9 was awarded the "truck of the year" honor at the International Auto show in Detroit...... :eek:hno:

Enclave was a runner up....BUT.....STILL #1 in my book. Enclave Rules!!!!! :cheers:
I'm with you! CX9 is fine, but she's NO ENCLAVE! Me thinks the inmates are running the asylum sometimes.......

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
CX9 may be a winner in the journalist's eyes, but which one has a waiting list?

***GO BUICK***

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Obviously I would have picked the Enclave since that is what I bought, but I really couldn't care less, even if the Buick had won. I bought what I wanted, not what the journalists like.

·
Registered
509 Posts
zman said:
Obviously I would have picked the Enclave since that is what I bought, but I really couldn't care less, even if the Buick had won. I bought what I wanted, not what the journalists like.
The weird part is journalists DO like it, and even still gush over the Buick, while saying all the typical "nice" comments about the Mazda and no more.

That's what's weird. People still can't get Enclaves, most all professional reviews are glowing...yet, somehow, the Mazda in its second year around gets the award?

OH WELL. I think the market (and especially everyone here) shows what really matters :thumb:

·
Registered
758 Posts
Some journalists say the CX-9 has better handling "at the edge" i.e. a situation they admit one wouldn't want to be in with a family hauler.

So the CX-9 gets points for being more sports car like.

TM

·
Registered
45 Posts
We actually ordered a CX-9 but then we went to our local auto show and were able to shuttle back and forth from the CX-9 to the Acadia they were letting us sit in last February. My wife really loves the look of the Enclave; she's felt that way since we saw the concept in 2006. The 9 is a real contender but, compared to the Buick there were some niggling issues that caused us to buy the Enclave instead. We were able to test drive a 9 before ours came in and our dealer said, "No problem on refusing the car if you don't like it." The front center console is too wide and really crowds our legs. There was also a crossbeam right where our insteps would hit. We could adjust the 1rst and 2nd rows to make the 3rd row "sittable" but it was just adequate. Now that we have 11K on the Enclave I realize that a car without OnStar turn-by-turn might be a non-starter for us in the future. We've come to really enjoy and use it as we didn't opt for nav. I think it's a strong safety net, too. We also opted for the moonroof/skylight which, as you probably know, is killer on the Enclave.

Hey, it's just a car but I like the Enclave! :D
As I wrote, it was close but we're very happy with Dave (the Enclave.)

Jay

·
Registered
22 Posts
Maybe the CX-9 won out partially due to affodability. The Enclave is positioned to be a relatively exclusive CUV. So give the total package, plus the price tag, it could be how CX-9 edged out the 'Clave.

I looked at the Mazda, but I ordered the Enclave jsut because it looks nice has more luxury features. I don't even have a family to haul around. :-[

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
It's obvious Mazda has done alot of "lobbying" of the press or in other words they "bought" these awards. They can't even sell them where we live as each Mazda dealership has 30+ units sitting on the lot. Also, why would they call it "Truck of the Year"? Now, the Tundra, Silverado, Seqoya(sp) etc....are trucks, but NOT the Mazda....there is nothing "truck" about it. It is closer to a "sport wagon".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts