EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Always have had good results with this product, if using any kit, go with the turtle wax with drill attachment and sandpaper etc, not just the polishing wipes, had another successful polish today for my buick!.. Turned out pretty good! Just thought id throw it up here 馃憤

Registered
I did mine headlights on Sunday too.
Ive done them before. There was a light yellowing. So couple hours and I was done.
I have the 3M kit with drill attachments.
The kit has different polishing grits.
Some time back- I went to Home Depot and bought 2 more grits of sandpaper. They fall in between what 3M gives you. I think the 2 extra grits gives a smoother finish- without deep lines that were left the 1st time I did it
The extra grits, I do these by hand. All steps I use a spray bottle.

Registered
had not seen that product... and is availalbe at WM,,,, I just placed an order yesterday... ugghh missed it.
I may try it next time.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
i was wondering about the coating myself, how it would really standup to the sun etc over a few months, it could have come out a bit better, there were some deep scratches that i didnt get to excatly, but overall it turned out ok, im sure ill be doing it again mid summer to get it just right.. that meguiars product looks interesting.. about to do my first once over on the enclave this weekend and polish it up, inside and out etc to keep it looking fresh and all that, any spray on waxes etc besides the usual anyone would recommend?.. this thing is quite large and seems like it will take me a bit longer to wipe down etc vs other vehicles ive had lol.. i did manage to get outside and do the rain x treatment on the glass though, turned out real good, beads nicely (y)

Super Moderator
My Enclave's finish was treated at the dealer before delivery with a spray-on substance that left the finish smooth as glass. I haven't had to polish it at all and so far I've only waxed it once. I favor Meguiar's products and purchased one of their kits many years ago. I still have some of the polish, wax, tire shine and quick shine products from the kit.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
They do have nice stuff, I think ill have to locate some quick shine today at some point while the weather is still nice 馃憤 need that glass touch! Makes it so much easier to wipe off in between cleanings etc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts