EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed on the window sticker of U.S. a.w.d. Enclaves as 16 city & 22 highway. The Canadian window sticker reads 21 city & 32 hihgway for same vehicle. If I convert the U.S. mileage to Imperial it comes to 19.5 city and 27 highway. Can anyone explain?

·
Registered
358 Posts
I don't have the explanation you are looking for but if I ever get the reported 16/22mpg I will dance naked on my Enclave. (In my garage, for my hubby of course) :happy: I seriously can't break 13/18mpg and it's really stinks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't think the Canadian standards for fuel consumption ratings were adjusted in 2008 as there were in the U.S. (i.e. downrated by EPA). Are there any Canadian Enclave drivers who could confirm this or tell us what mileage you are getting vs the window sticker?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I hope all of you that are getting poor fuel mileage with your enclave is complaining to GM. I certainly have done that but whenever I ask if there are others complaining they say no. I noticed to that the US to Canadian does not make sense. Our new e.p.a. numbers are supposed to be more accurate taking into consideration using ac,cold weather etc. Here in Canada it seems like the GMC Acadia which has the same engine gets way better fuel mileage. I am seriously thinking of trading it in but who wants to take the loss. I bought the enclave specifically because it had better fuel ratings than other suv's in its class. :banghead: :angryfire:

·
Registered
758 Posts
We get 15-21 with our FWD Enclave.

The diesel Mercedes gets 21-38 with the OLD EPA numbers of 27/37. Go figure.

TM

·
Registered
466 Posts
Well I have certainly complained to Gm Canada about the poor gas figures. I am doing a long term test in the better weather and I am currently showing 12.7 l/100km which is crap - AWD- mostly highway - North Carolina and back - cruising at posted limit - not loaded - just 2 up with little baggage - 20000miles .

The first excuse I got was cold weather, not enough miles on the car. well it is quite warm now, it has 9500 kms on the clock and the fuel figures just get worse. Mind you it might be the most obvious on cost but I have way bigger problems with this car than that.

I might well just dump this car - I too selected the car on economy figures posted - V6 instead of V8 - well that was a mistake. It might cost more to run a V8 but at least you knew that when you bought it.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Just returned from a trip to the Alabama Gulf Coast and on the return trip posted 24.7 mpg on a 75 mile stretch driving between 58-65 mph, then when on the interstate averaged 21.7 mpg driving 75 mph. AWD with 6 passengers and every nook and cranny loaded with luggage (literally surrounding the kids) and with A/C on and 90 degree OAT.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts