EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today while filling up with gas I noticed the trim around the wheel well is peeling off.....I hate petty stuff like this but nonetheless a warranty is a warranty!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
388 Posts
PAPoPo said:
Today while filling up with gas I noticed the trim around the wheel well is peeling off.....I hate petty stuff like this but nonetheless a warranty is a warranty!
What trim around the wheel well?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
rwagoner said:
What trim around the wheel well?
Probably means the cladding on the bottom of the fender. Here's a picture.

Wayne
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cladding, trim, call it what you may...the round piece above the wheel....they all have it! Some people are sadistic on this forum....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
388 Posts
How can that come loose?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
405 Posts
rwagoner said:
How can that come loose?
He didn't say loose, he said it's peeling...like peeling paint? The cladding IS painted according to other forum posts....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
388 Posts
Hmm. It looks molded in color, but certainly could be painted. Shouldn't peel, that's for sure.

When he first posted, I pictured some chrome strip coming off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
My back door cladding came of as well.Dealer ordered new one saing it comes painted.Obviously it didnt.Since july dealer has tried to match paint code.That is why I have posted question in "body" section for cladding paint code.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,429 Posts
PAPoPo said:
cladding, trim, call it what you may...the round piece above the wheel....they all have it! Some people are sadistic on this forum....
Aw they're just giving you a rough time, PAPopo! Those guys like doing it to the Newbies. You'll do it too after 300+ posts. We learn so much on here about cars and the Enclave we like to show off...BE NICE GUYS!! [/color] :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,429 Posts
Hmmmmmmmm, I just looked at who posted here, and they aren't even the "know-it-all's" around here...[/color] :blahblah:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
413 Posts
rwagoner said:
Hmm. It looks molded in color, but certainly could be painted. Shouldn't peel, that's for sure.

When he first posted, I pictured some chrome strip coming off.
It may look like the color is throughout but it is painted. The base is a black plastic material of some sort (at least on mine). Be careful when you detail this material; don't use any type of dressings such as ArmorAll. If you use polishes or cleaner wax type products you will see the color come off on your pad. I use a a Carnauba wax on mine but if anyone has a better product/idea I'm all ears!!

Why all the bottom caldding isn't molded with the color throughout is a mystery to me; this trim takes more abuse than any other exterior component.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
388 Posts
43sbest said:
It may look like the color is throughout but it is painted. The base is a black plastic material of some sort (at least on mine). Be careful when you detail this material; don't use any type of dressings such as ArmorAll. If you use polishes or cleaner wax type products you will see the color come off on your pad. I use a a Carnauba wax on mine but if anyone has a better product/idea I'm all ears!!

Why all the bottom caldding isn't molded with the color throughout is a mystery to me; this trim takes more abuse than any other exterior component.
Armor All attracts dust and dries out plastic and rubber. Don't use it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The paint isn't peeling, it is the cladding itself....after taking a closer look, it can come off pretty obviously. Ill hafta take a pic when I get chance!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
405 Posts
How is the cladding affixed, that it is peeling off? Glue???
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top