EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were returning home from an early dinner with friends tonight.

As we heading down the last road towards our home a fella on a motorcycle pulled up beside us and "beeped".

I rolled down the window and he said "you have no tail lights, only brake lights"? I said OMG.....THANKS!

We didn't have that far to go, TG for that. Once we pulled into our driveway we left the car running, got out and walked to the back...NOTHING!!!

Now my husband did say he ran over a "tire tread" in the roadway the other day. AND he said there was something missing on the lower back, like not sure what as it was too dark to look.

Tomorrow looks like we will be going outside and taking a look at the back of his Q50. Then Monday, he heads out of town for two weeks straight and that means, I am on "car repair duty".

It was just too cool for the guy to actually take the time to let us know. So many times I have pulled up to a car with no rear lights and said "your back lights are out". They also say "thanks we had no idea".

Now to see what happens next week. If it takes longer than a day, I will need a loaner as my Enclave, it will be sitting at the airport.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:facepalm: It took 3 phone calls to Infiniti, their service department was BUSY.

Here is the scoop concerning my husband's Q50.

Tomorrow, earliest to stop in, at 3:30, they will "LOOK" at the tail lights to see if it may be a fuse. Guess I am going nowhere tonight. They don't have any time for repairs. :eyebrow:

Then, NEXT Monday is the earliest they can get his car in for service. So I gave him a "list".

1. Must have a loaner and Monday was the earliest. I asked for a SUV, not sure if they will have one but he did say I could have a loaner with their largest engine and I laughed and said "I am not that crazy to want a speeding ticket". He and I just laughed.
2. oil/filter change - synthetic oil only
3. recall on the passenger airbag needs completed
4. the GPS monitor, first time I heard of it was yesterday, at times won't work. He says that he has to stop, turn off the car, turn it back on and then it suddenly works
5. there is a piece below the car, just in front of the drivers side rear wheel is hanging down which my husband thinks happened when he ran over the tire tread in the middle of the road.
6. also, there is a rectangular piece, which I just found out what it is for, in the bumper, close to the passenger side, which pops out. I was just told that if we were to get stuck, a tow truck operator is suppose to know to pop that out and he can some how get a hook in there to pull the car out without damaging it Who knew???
7. tires rotated

Now as for the GPS and now the tail lights....I wonder if there is a little "electrical gremlin being a piss ant"????? :angryfire:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts