EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

Unable to order 2019

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  rbarrios 
#1 ·
Went to order a 2019 Premium and the dealer said they aren't currently manufacturing the Premium. He said nobody is getting any allotments for Premiums and didn't know when they would be available, and that the computer wouldn't let him enter an order.

Seems odd that a major manufacturer which produces hundreds of vehicles a day would suddenly stop producing a particular trim level with no explanation to dealers and not even allow future orders.

I also found it odd that the dealer told me the options I wanted were so specific and rare that I wouldn't ever be able to find one. Navigation and Surround Vision, which have been common options on most vehicles for several years now, and which should be standard on a supposed luxury CUV like the Enclave, are considered too specific and rare? Really?

So I had to go back to the Chrysler dealer to see about ordering a Pacifica. They're happy to process my order but I'm going to wait a little while to see if the Enclave issue gets sorted.

#2 ·
hmmm.

I just looked at the GM order guide.
For the Enclave. Under distribution updates.... the last entry is 10/15/2018

But I see no references to the Premiums having issues.

It also shows Surround Vision as being Available.

When stuff happens- they update these order guides to update if something isnt available.
Though, its possible that this issue came up in the last couple of days.... and is not showing up on this online order guide.

But more than likely- I think this salesman- wants to sell you something in stock-- on their lot.... make a sale NOW.
Did you talk to a salesfloor salesman? (these guys simply want to sell what is in their parking lot. The internet/fleet guys work a little different- and are willing to order stuff.).

Did you watch the salesman input the info into the screen? or was it a verbal conversation?

#3 ·
I didn't phyically watch him try to input the order, but he's the sales manager and was fine with processing an order since thay have no Premiums on the lot and none on the way. He even said he ordered an Avenir instead and that it went through just fine.

Wish I could get the Avenir, especially with the black interior for the 2019s, but they still force you to have the stupid giant sunroofs which have cheap covers and a history of leaking, so it's a dealbreaker for me.

#4 ·
I didn't phyically watch him try to input the order, but he's the sales manager and was fine with processing an order since thay have no Premiums on the lot and none on the way. He even said he ordered an Avenir instead and that it went through just fine.

Wish I could get the Avenir, especially with the black interior for the 2019s, but they still force you to have the stupid giant sunroofs which have cheap covers and a history of leaking, so it's a dealbreaker for me.
I wouldn't let that stop you. I haven't heard of issues with the sun roofs on the later years of the Enclaves or on the 2018's yet. Yes it is well known on the forums that early on Lamba's had issues with sunroof leaks due to debris build up in the drains.
I wish they went back to the power sunshade like our 08 Enclave had. Actually I wish they had a panoramic like in the XT5.

#5 ·
Glad to hear that there are fewer sunroof issues now, but big panes of glass which let in heat, have the potential to leak, add more complexity and parts to break, add cost, decrease headroom, and which I will never use still make them a no-go for me.

I could maybe accept a little moonroof, but these enormous panoramic things are ridiculous IMO. I get that some people like them, great, but to make them non-optional for those who don't want them is disappointing.

#6 ·
try calling another Buick dealer in the area.

Look up their internet/fleet person and talk to them.
tell them youre ready to place order/buy and were disappointed with what you were and want to make sure before you go to another brand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.