EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just out at one of the local dealerships ordering some parts for my Firebird. The salesman who sold me my Enclave walked up to talk & I mentioned that I saw they had 3 on the lot. He said "three"! Have you looked around the back of our lot? He said they just had 200 Enclaves delivered! I went around the side & back area, not really visible from the front road and there sat row upon row of Enclaves of every color, CX & CXL's, some with chrome wheels , some without! What a sight!
Now the interesting part...He said they were delivered for an upcoming PGA Tournament, but, that Tournament isn't until late July! He said they were moved out & delivered to them way early because of the UAW strike. Last year that dealer had about 40 for the PGA Tournament but this year he has 200. He said they are all 2008's. I would think someone could pick one up at a pretty good price as they will be well over one year old by then.

·
Registered
161 Posts
2MuchCoffee said:
:help: Why not share the dealer's name and location details with a post to this Forum? ;D
Perhaps???? This is often played in July -- but is in late June this year.

Buick Open
Monday Jun 23 – Sunday Jun 29, 2008
Warwick Hills Golf & Country Club · Grand Blanc, Mich.

it will also be the 50th Anniversary of the tournament -- so that could be why
there is more of a production going on.

M

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure what txhokie4life is talking about but it isn't the tournament I'm talking about. As I said this tournament is in mid July & the salesman said he can't deal on the Enclaves until the tournament is finished so they will be sitting there for about 3 months. I will post the dealers name as time gets closer but there is no sense bothering them now. This is the tournament I'm talking about & its in Western Illinois:
http://www.johndeereclassic.com/

·
Registered
225 Posts
The John Deere Classic "Birdies for Charity" event makes sense, its in the Quad Cities.

The Buick Open is a PGA tour event held in a suburb of Flint about an hour from the lambda factory. I wonder how many Enclaves they will require, since Tiger is usually there?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Occasional poster here and owner of a WDT Enclave. I live in Rochester, NY and there is an auction house on Cairn Street that I drove by today. In the fenced in area they must have had 250+ enclaves in all colors and configurations. Why they were stored there, I have no idea, but I assume the dealers are no longer getting top dollar for the Clave with this glut of inventory, or am I wrong?

·
Registered
161 Posts
mr4enclave said:
Occasional poster here and owner of a WDT Enclave. I live in Rochester, NY and there is an auction house on Cairn Street that I drove by today. In the fenced in area they must have had 250+ enclaves in all colors and configurations. Why they were stored there, I have no idea, but I assume the dealers are no longer getting top dollar for the Clave with this glut of inventory, or am I wrong?
Could these be leased/rental car vehicles that are due to be auctioned off?

I thought GM returned leased vehicles to the original leasing dealership though.

Does the auction house have a website?

m

·
Registered
225 Posts
The news today is that GM ramped up truck/SUV production in anticipation of strikes, and now is caught with a surplus due to declining demand. This would not be a problem for Enclave, but could account for some surplus. Also, a lot of people here are waiting to order 2009 models, and after a year of shortages, 2008 supply might have caught up with demand. And in any case, Buick might like to have a supply for dealers over the changeover period. Then when people come to check out the new 2009, the dealer can make them a "good deal" on a 2008 that, in fact, is pretty similar.

Just speculation.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mr4enclave said:
I would guess that they are there for a nearby PGA tournament the same as what I stated above in your area. The dealer near me said thats what the 200 Enclaves were for & they were not for sale until after the tournament. He wishes he had more that he can sell. Its frustrating to the dealer because he has customers that want Enclaves now & he has to explain that he can't sell any of the 200...tough on both sides! I would think that if I were Buick I would want to sell vehicles now & worry about the PGA later. I guess thats why I'm not a CEO..they are smarter than most of us?? :banghead:

G

·
Well...

GM CEO Rick Wagoner's 2007 Salary: $15.7 Million - 2007 GM: $39 Billion Loss
Ford CEO Alan Mulally's 2007 Salary: $22.8 Million - 2007 Ford: $2.7 Billion Loss
Exxon Mobil CEO Rex Tillerson's 2007 Salary: $21.7 Million - 2007 Exxon: $40.6 Billion Profit

I'm not sure how you qualify "smarter" than you or I, but unlike me (and most likely you too), their salaries don't appear to be tied to their work-related performance whatsoever! Pulling off that trick is smart ;)

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
admin said:
Well...

GM CEO Rick Wagoner's 2007 Salary: $15.7 Million - 2007 GM: $39 Billion Loss
Ford CEO Alan Mulally's 2007 Salary: $22.8 Million - 2007 Ford: $2.7 Billion Loss
Exxon Mobil CEO Rex Tillerson's 2007 Salary: $21.7 Million - 2007 Exxon: $40.6 Billion Profit

I'm not sure how you qualify "smarter" than you or I, but unlike me (and most likely you too), their salaries don't appear to be tied to their work-related performance whatsoever! Pulling off that trick is smart ;)
Great post Admin, now if Exxon were to reduce refined gas prices by say $.75 a gallon, would the profit be reduced to a mere 30 billion?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts