EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

did you do the protection package (undercoating ,rustproof , & paint protection & interior protection)for your new Enclave?
i got my enclave last week, it is great car. so i want to look after carefully.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
My opinion on these items is that they are basically just ADP - additional dealer profit. The only one I would consider would be the interior treatment and you can likely get a better job done cheaper elsewhere. Undercoating and rustproofing are totally unnecessary today.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I agree with BadAV, except that some here have gotten the clear headlite, hood and/or front fender film put on. (Lamin-X ) They even posted pix! I would consider it (I did!) if I spent alot of time on the highways. Stones and pebbles tend to kick up more at those speeds.

Inside, a good leather conditioner/cloth protector (like ScotchGuard) works best! :thumb:

·
Registered
413 Posts
I agree with the others.
This is basically "smoke and mirrors". The Saturn dealerships in and close to where I live are all owned by the same company. They don't put a vehicle on their lot for display until the "protection package" is done. They put a "dealer installed options" sticker on for $1,995 and then let you negotiate that down so you think your getting a good deal.

If you want a paint sealant try Meguiars new NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0; it cost about $15 at Walmart.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts