EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Buick Enclave Premium Sage Metallic
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
The sunshade is supposed to look like that. It did in our '18, it does in my dad in laws '20. I'm just happy it's powered now. The old design had a clip that was prone to breaking. It's the same clip that's up front. Wish that 1 was powered too.

Ours needs retrofitted for the front sensors and the 2nd row heated seats. It just missed the cut off where they had more rolling out with those features installed. I'm unaware of any other retrofits that are needed for other trims.
I was surprised that they went with a power sunshade over the back…I would have expected both to be powered. I wondered how durable the clip on the front will be in the long run. I am one of those rare people that gets a car with a moonroof but never actually use it (on my Nissan Murano the most I did was open the shade and that wasn’t too often…I’d honestly forget about it). In both this Enclave and that Nissan the only reason I had the moonroof is because the package just happened to include it. In the case of the Nissan I wanted Intelligent Cruise Control and it was lumped into the package that included the moonroof. In the Buick the salesman incorrectly swore this one had the same (well on Buick it’s Adaptive Cruise Control I think) because he swore it was standard on Premium and Avenir. Because for some odd reason Buick doesn’t have a clearly identifiable control to turn it on it wasn’t clear that I didn’t have it until I tried using it and realized it was not adjusting speed based on the car distance ahead that I chose (another oddity to me because I’m not quite sure why I would need a car icon to light up alerting me that I am getting closer to the car ahead if it does nothing else…when I should be able to see that if I‘m doing my job as a driver and paying attention). It wasn’t a big deal but I do miss the feature. As far as the Enclave goes…it’s been almost impossible to find one without a moonroof regardless of the trim.…at least during my whole search that has been the case. I think I located one somewhere in either Florida or Mississippi that didn’t have one but it was one of the early productions so its one of the ones missing some of the features it should have but isn‘t eligible for the retrofits (they got more money off to compensate but not enough imo if you wanted those features and was willing to trade savings to lose them).

During my search I came across a few Avenir models that didn’t have the heated rear seats, the front and rear sensors, and the power 3rd row. I briefly considered an Avenir because the dealer I purchased from had one in the same color as the Premium I got but ultimately I tend to go with middle trims since I can usually get my “must haves” and be happy.

I will definitely stay on top of everything with corporate…although like I said, the only issue I have right now is the noise situation. Other than that I absolutely love it and am glad I finally made the move from Nissan.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was surprised that they went with a power sunshade over the back…I would have expected both to be powered. I wondered how durable the clip on the front will be in the long run. I am one of those rare people that gets a car with a moonroof but never actually use it (on my Nissan Murano the most I did was open the shade and that wasn’t too often…I’d honestly forget about it). In both this Enclave and that Nissan the only reason I had the moonroof is because the package just happened to include it. In the case of the Nissan I wanted Intelligent Cruise Control and it was lumped into the package that included the moonroof. In the Buick the salesman incorrectly swore this one had the same (well on Buick it’s Adaptive Cruise Control I think) because he swore it was standard on Premium and Avenir. Because for some odd reason Buick doesn’t have a clearly identifiable control to turn it on it wasn’t clear that I didn’t have it until I tried using it and realized it was not adjusting speed based on the car distance ahead that I chose (another oddity to me because I’m not quite sure why I would need a car icon to light up alerting me that I am getting closer to the car ahead if it does nothing else…when I should be able to see that if I‘m doing my job as a driver and paying attention). It wasn’t a big deal but I do miss the feature. As far as the Enclave goes…it’s been almost impossible to find one without a moonroof regardless of the trim.…at least during my whole search that has been the case. I think I located one somewhere in either Florida or Mississippi that didn’t have one but it was one of the early productions so its one of the ones missing some of the features it should have but isn‘t eligible for the retrofits (they got more money off to compensate but not enough imo if you wanted those features and was willing to trade savings to lose them).

During my search I came across a few Avenir models that didn’t have the heated rear seats, the front and rear sensors, and the power 3rd row. I briefly considered an Avenir because the dealer I purchased from had one in the same color as the Premium I got but ultimately I tend to go with middle trims since I can usually get my “must haves” and be happy.

I will definitely stay on top of everything with corporate…although like I said, the only issue I have right now is the noise situation. Other than that I absolutely love it and am glad I finally made the move from Nissan.
Our Enclave has everything minus AWD. About 98% of the Avenirs we saw in transit/for sale had the Avenir Technology Package, Trailering Package, power 3rd row, heated 2nd row, and heated/vented front. From what we were told by the dealership we bought ours at, it's not worth it to them to not add that stuff because they found they sold those more vs the ones without. Our area has a high trade in time period when snowbirds are here. Our issue were the colors available when it was time to buy. Hubby wanted to see the Emperor Blue, Sage Green, and the Rich Garnet. But they didn't come in. We chose the Rich Garnet due to to color variances it offers as you walk around it, and it being an Avenir exclusive. Emperor Blue was impossible to find in Avenir at the time and Sage Green wasn't green enough. He was hoping for more of an army green.

We use the Adaptive Cruise a lot and love it. It does take some getting used to in order to switch from normal to Adaptive. Our '18 tabs on the steering wheel for volume and cruise control, started falling apart and we were not rough with them. In fact I hardly used the volume one and a chunk broke off. It's the wheels they use now that were hard to figure out, at least for me. The 2nd row sunroof clip was prone to failure in the last gen, and while we rarely used it, it did break on vacation when we were driving thru the TN mountains. So it was stuck open for a year until we traded it in. The '22 front clip is different than the previous gen clip. I used that one daily and had 0 issues, so hopefully '22's version is going to hold up. The only ones w/o sunroofs I ever saw available near me we're Essence versions. The sunroof ones sell well here.

I will say that this Avenir drives much better than last gens and I'm now spoiled by having it. Less body roll, better ride, better handling. I don't know that I can go back to the trim below it, which I was happy with before.

·
Registered
2022 Buick Enclave Premium Sage Metallic
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
@5Demons moonroofs sell well here also but usually you wouldn’t find them as often on the lowest trim. I literally only found one Essence trim without a moonroof and with 18in wheels. And it was located in southern Alabama not far from the Florida state line. Everything else (well at least all of the 22’s), including the Essence has had the moonroof and 20in wheels….and in the case of the Essence trim those all had Adaptive Cruise Control.

I contemplated getting an Essence and went to the dealership I purchased from wanting to see a specific one because I was curious why the price was so low (turns out it wasn’t listed as a demo and the miles were grossly under listed…said 3 miles on the site but when I got there it had almost 5,000 miles and had been driven to Florida multiple times by various employees for their vacation. Was the first dealership I had ever seen personally that did not disclose it was bring used as a demo…i opened the door, smelled the strong cigarette smell and old food scents, caught a glimpse of the mileage and immediately closed the door and let them know I wasn’t interested at all). Plus, after seeing it in person next to a Premium I preferred the control panel of the Premium over the Essence. I’m sure if I stay in the Buick family when it’s time for my next car I will strongly consider the Avenir. Me moving to the Enclave was an interesting choice since I always swore I didn‘t want a 7 passenger car but I liked my moms and figured that I would be fine with the 3rd row. I thought about the model below the Enclave but it felt smaller than I liked and I didn’t want anything less than a v6.

Oh, I noticed something today that I wasn’t sure if it’s normal or not. When I opened the door I noticed a piece of black foam that seemed to be sticking out in a way that may not be normal. And I could kind of see into the space a bit more than I expected. Could be perfectly normal but it caught me off guard. Random I know but I think you said you noticed unpainted part and I looked to see if i had m and oddities.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m waiting to hear back from GM. Thankfully, I haven’t noticed any other issues on mine but mine was literally delivered to the dealership 2 days before I bought it (had been tracking inventory and in-transit status at a few places) so I don’t know if that played any part in it not having any rush job looks to it (at least on the surface). Unlike some of the earlier builds that don’t have the power 3rd row or heated steering wheel mine does. It is missing the heated/ventilated front cushions although the back part works. And it’s missing the front and rear park assist (although it appears to be semi functional) but those items are all retrofit eligible unlike some of the early builds I looked at just scrapping those items altogether and giving more of a “discount” to those buyers that got those. The only stretched part (and I think it’s more thin than stretched) is the cover for the moonroof where you can see a little light attempt to peak through….like tiny dots as you would through a thin material if that makes sense.

hellodear.in

teatv.ltd

21 - 24 of 24 Posts