EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://cadillacct6forum.com"]Cadillac CT6 Forum [/URL]

As a Cadillac owner, I think this is a very poor excuse for the new Cadillac model names.
I know that they want to follow the Europeans with a "me too" alpha-numeric system, but this is just stupid.
CT6 for the flagship....... :lame:
I can see it now, CT6, OH, that's the 6 cylinder version of the CTS, or oh, I know the CT6, that's Cadillac's answer to the C Class Mercedes.

Come on Cadillac, how about some real names......

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/news.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2014/Sep/0925-ct6.html

·
Registered
795 Posts
This is from the same brainchild that is taking Caddy's headquarters and moving it to NYC from Detroit. It wasn't very long ago that GM centralized all of it's divisions in Detroit so they could all be under one roof. This new general manager of caddy seems like a real piece of work. As far as naming convention on cars and trying to be like the European's it's not going to work. For many who buy the European cars they aren't going to look at Caddy, because a benz or a BMW is a status symbol to them. I'm not knocking Caddy, I'm just saying why market toward people who aren't going to give you the time of day anyway.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Everything is going downhill for "consumer grade" products. Name changing blah blah blah. Look at infiniti. a G37 basically meant 3.7 liter. but that sounds too small for 50k. So why not make a Q50 that has the same 3.7? Q > G, and 50 > 37. Credit card rewards do this all the time. 5,000 implies $50. Wouldn't you know that 5,000 can actually mean $38?

This is only for mainstream/consumer grade. A coworker got a new S550 and it's fabulous. no cutting corners. And this is entry level for the S class. 449 HP, 26 mpg highway, it has everything going for it except price.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
Maybe they can name it the 6000 SUX? ;D
That comment on this forum made me laugh, "Overpriced crap wagon."

Maybe they can make a regular CT6, and one for $349 more that has a locking gas door. The CT6 LD.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GoldEnclave said:
Maybe they can name it the 6000 SUX? ;D
This reminds me of the Pontiac 6000 STE ::)

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
MRBUICK said:
This reminds me of the Pontiac 6000 STE ::)
Yes....the Pontiac 6000 STE was a nice car at the time. And, the 1989 version was the best....AWD, new styling, etc. I happened to find this ad after searching some. This one looks very well taken are of, and the fact these are not readily available....I would dare say the could be one of the few everday 80's cars that are...or could become rare classics. Here is the ad, anyone going to try and snag this one?:
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=48842&endYear=2015&modelCode1=6000&showcaseOwnerId=0&startYear=1981&makeCode1=PONT&listingType=used&listingTypes=used&searchRadius=0&mmt=[PONT[6000[]][]]&listingId=341829022&Log=0

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I considered a Pontiac 6000 STE when I was shopping for my first Buick in 1984.
I ended up buying a 1985 Buick Park Avenue, and was quite pleased with it.
(I was 27 and a very young Buick buyer)

Now, back on topic......since Eldorado and Fleetwood will probably not be used, how about an alpha-numeric name that makes sense.
Better yet, why follow the crowd. Use real names that buyers will recognize. I am tired of the alphabet soup of names.

MRBUICK

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
SCBEARS FAN said:
Sure looks like a heck of a lot of snow for being a California car.
There is something wrong with that ad, it says MN is where the car is, but more digging I find the same ad dated last year....same photos, so who knows if it's legit. Here is another one, with a current date...for sale in MI.
http://www.a-body.net/forums/showthread.php?37280-FS-One-owner-1989-Pontiac-6000-STE-AWD-with-69-957-miles-(Michigan)&styleid=8

I would love to have the extra garage space and $$$ for it, could drive it down to the all Pontiac show in OH next year...and for sure win a trophy....no 6000's were there this year, that I remember. Would have a hard time paying the same as what we sold our 2004 Bonneville for, but have to admit....paying $6000 for a 6000 would sound cool, but this is a $2500-$3500 car all day long. It just has not reached classic status yet. I would want to get it for no more than $4,000....but seeing it in person could verify the $6,000 price tag.

As for the Caddy name, I would rather see "Deville" be used again. Just like bringing back the Stingray name on Corvette.....would think it could work.

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
john 070 said:
Bring back the only real caddy ever made, the Seville. Cimarron is a close second. :thumb:
Seville would be OK, but flagship should either be Deville or Fleetwood. Of course Cimarron was for the small Cadillac, which became Catera....which became CTS. The whole name changing will continue, and there will be no heritage. Sadly, Honda Accord has more heritage than CTS, since the forever new name game. But then the real confusing thing....CTS is no longer the small Cadillac....the ATS is. :facepalm: So actually, the ATS is the Cimarron. But the question is.....what's in a name? :p

·
Registered
881 Posts
Ah, the he11 wit it. just go with something nice and simple. Sue, Sam, Beth, Bill Jane, John. :beer: :drunk:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Crappy names aside, I'm interested to see what this new Caddy will look like. Ever since the demise of the DTS (I still prefer to call it the Deville), they haven't had a car that has attracted me back to the brand.

The first three cars I ever owned were Cadillacs, and I loved driving them. First an Eldorado (my high school car), then a Brougham (drove it all through my University days) followed by a Fleetwood. Since then, I've had 3 Buicks (Park Ave, Regal and my current Enclave). I would love to see a return to Caddy's with proper names, and especially would like to see a nice full size car to entice me back to the fold. Sorry, but the CTS (the name and the design) just doesn't do it for me. I think CT6 sucks for a name, but maybe the design will be great (but I won't hold my breath).

·
Registered
881 Posts
john 070 said:
Now that's the best idea in this entire thread! :cheers:

My point being: Who cares what the name is. Just give me a car that doesn't have a recall issued every 30 days.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
PaPas Truck said:
My point being: Who cares what the name is. Just give me a car that doesn't have a recall issued every 30 days.
I doubt that's going to happen with GM products. It isn't that it cannot be done, because time and time again Americans prove that when something is so serious and it needs to get done, turn to the USA. It has to do with management and shareholders at GM, which want margins to increase and costs to go down. But they don't operate in a vacuum, they are in competition with other manufacturers as well. Hyundai was once a joke, today it's something that many families purchase because they need their vehicles to get from points a, b, c, d, and e, with their families.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
8 Participants
john 070
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing