EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I am still in mourning for letting my Enclave go. I had done so many things to it and I really loved it, but alas it is gone. I found in my garage a box with 6 UPF48R ACDelco Filters. Since I don't have a need for these any longer I have them for sale here. I paid around $8 or $9 each for these when I purchased and I am offering them up at a reduced price.

So, $30 for the box plus actual shipping cost to you is what I'm asking. I'll ship to the lower 48. I prefer money order for this, but can also accept NON-credit card paypal too. Private message me if interested, or email me for faster response. Give me 24 hours to get back to you.

-TG :thumb:

·
Registered
6,510 Posts
If youre wondering what a UPF-48R is....

HIGH PRESSURE OIL FILTER

GM Powertrain has released a new oil filter for the 2009 Corvette. The new design UPF48R oil filter will be used on the following applications:

- LS7 7.0L -- Z06

- LS9 6.2L -- ZR1

With the addition of piston oil cooling nozzles and other unique lubrication system requirements, a new design dual-rotor oil pump is required for the LS9 application. The new design oil pump produces greater volume and higher system oil pressure. To meet those requirements, a new oil filter with higher burst strength is required.

The Ultraguard™ Gold UPF48R filter (U for Ultra and R for Racing) is black in color, has a thicker exterior shell, and can be identified as p/n 12626224 (fig. 7).

TIP: The internal components are the same in both the UPF48R and PF48 oil filters.
The UPF48R can be used in applications where the PF48 is specified.

TIP: The UPF48R is required for LS9 applications and is also used for the LS7 application as both engines are built at GM's Performance Build Center.

2010 Corvette Grand Sport
By Blog Admin on September 1, 2009 1:01 AM

The Corvette Grand Sport is new for the 2010 model year, replacing the previous Z51 package. Available in either coupe or convertible models, the Grand Sport features the LS3 6.2L V8 engine with either a 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic transmission, Z06-style front splitter, a wider track and "trademark" fender flares, a revised suspension and specific gearing. (Fig. 7)

High Pressure Oil Filter

Grand Sport coupe models equipped with a manual transmission use a dry-sump oiling system, differential cooler and a rear-mounted battery.

The dry sump system (RPO Z52) requires a high pressure oil filter. During an oil change, use an Ultraguard™ Gold UPF48R oil filter (part number 12626224). This filter has a higher burst strength, which is required because the oil pump produces greater volume and high system oil pressure. It is the same high pressure oil filter as used on the ZR1 and Z06 models. (Fig. 8)

TIP: The internal components are the same in both the UPF48R and PF48 oil filters. The UPF48R can be used in applications where the PF48 is specified.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
I am not disputing anything but is it because the filter fits the Corvette the reason for the higher price?

I purchased a dozen PF63 for the Enclave and the cost was around $4.80 per filter.

Of course from what rbarrios has posted it is an upgrade of the standard PF48.

Just curious, that's all.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
rbarrios said:
much beefier filter--- for a hi performance car
Okay that is what I thought. Thanks!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
TourGuide said:
I think these filter out smaller particles as well. I know this is true as compared to the standard PF48.

See this thread here where they are discussed by those who know:

http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=5279.0
Thanks that was before I even joined the Enclave forum. Appreciate you looking up the link.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts