EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've posted several "features" of the 2015 Enclave's Infotainment system (non-Bose) that are seriously flawed in the past. No one responded. I figure this might be appropriate for any Enclave in the 2013-2017 range.

Rather than re-list all of them, I will list the main one that I find bothersome. Does anyone else find the volume level on their USB source (with MP3 files at near maximum volume internally) is substantially lower than with other sources (AM/FM/XM)? Meaning if you switch from the USB source to the radio without turning down the volume control first, the sound level for the radio will blast through the speakers.

Beyond that, has anyone replaced the head unit on their 2015 Enclave (or similar) with an after-market unit? I'm done with Infotainment.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So, everyone's USB volume level in their 2013-2017 is in perfect alignment with other audio sources? Swell.

·
Registered
334 Posts
My 2015 Bose USB level needs to be higher, then upon every startup, it starts out on a very loud XM before it switches to USB. Also, sometimes it starts out in the beginning of the USB files and sometimes it starts out where it left off, I need to correct this.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My 2015 Bose USB level needs to be higher, then upon every startup, it starts out on a very loud XM before it switches to USB. Also, sometimes it starts out in the beginning of the USB files and sometimes it starts out where it left off, I need to correct this.
I wish you luck. If you receive anything more than the middle finger from either Buick or Infotainment, please report back here. It would be more than I have received every time I have approached them about this issue. Usually, it's either Buick laying blame on Infotainment, or Infotainment laying blame on Buick. Sometimes, it's silence.

We've already partially damaged the speaker in the driver's door because of this (I can hear it), but I refuse to have the speaker replaced knowing that the volume spikes could damage the replacement speaker.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have you tried using Bluetooth instead of USB for your music source? What type of device are you hooking up via USB? My enclaves USB was a bit lower than normal and hard to get to (top of dash in cubby) so I just use the Bluetooth and have no problems with the level to be very different. I can switch from XM, which is usually the loudest, to my music on my iPhone and not really notice a difference. You could also use an AUX cable instead of a USB, at least to check levels.

Maybe it’s actually the USB port that’s bad in your Enclave.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I use a thumb drive in the USB port.
Same here. I was using the relatively slow (and probably too large) Sandisk 64GB Ultra flash drive. I switched to a 16GB Sandisk Extreme USB 3.0 a while back, considered to be one of the fastest USB flash drives around.

A defective USB port would not change the volume level of the audio being played from the USB flash drive. If anything, it would not play or play intermittently, and I haven't had those issues.

I have tried using Bluetooth audio from my smartphone, which is on the recommended list of phones (back in 2015) and pairs just fine with our 2015 Enclave. It has the same volume issues as the USB flash drive. You can compensate for this somewhat my choosing a smartphone music player that can adjust the volume output, but it is not enough to make up the difference, plus it degrades the audio quality coming from the smartphone via Bluetooth.

My only hope is if there is some way to enter a service/hidden menu on the Intellilink system, in addition to having some setting(s) that allows adjustment of the audio output by source. It would be truly sad (and maddening) if Buick/Infortainment botched the audio level calibration testing with USB and Bluetooth sources on the 2015 Enclave (and other years and/or GM models). I find it hard to believe any quality engineer would have designed the audio levels by source to be fixed and nonadjustable.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update:

I actually received a voice mail from Buick yesterday afternoon for a phone call that I missed. Apparently, their Executive Resolution department wants to talk to me about the issues I have been experiencing. They were going to call me today, but they never did. They followed up with an email yesterday after their phone call, but the phone number and extension they provided in both the voice mail and email is for a person who is currently on vacation. The person who called gave me their own work schedule, but that doesn't help since I don't have their direct extension.

I am not sure which attempt at communicating this issue they are responding back on. My contact and emails to Infotainment-GM? My emails to corporate Buick and GM? My contact with our closest GMC/Buick dealership? I have been trying for two years to find some sort of workaround. Ideally, Buick/Infotainment-GM would update the firmware in the affected vehicles and calibrate the USB and Bluetooth audio sources to be closer in volume to the other sources, primarily the radio stations. Anything that prevents me from further damaging the vehicle's speakers and my hearing would be greatly welcomed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
3 Participants
statsman
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing