EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my 2011 Enclave last week and love it. great ride but i cannot find the USB port. Its supposed to be in the console but its no where to be found. Anybody have a picture of it? GM says its part of the CXL2 package. ???

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Re: USB port?

redvett said:
Got my 2011 Enclave last week and love it. great ride but i cannot find the USB port. Its supposed to be in the console but its no where to be found. Anybody have a picture of it? GM says its part of the CXL2 package. ???
Just checked out the Buick website and it says for the 2010 CXL2; the USB is standard. I highly doubt the USB was decontented for the 2011. The USB should be located in the storage area; removed the tray and look down.....it should be there

·
Registered
58 Posts

REDVETT,
I doubt that it has been decontented.
In my 2010 CXL1, it is in the center console, open the door below the transmission stick and lift out the tray, there's a ton of space under there and there is a little flap over the port.
Hope this helps...

·
Registered
726 Posts

redvett said:
Just found out they moved it-it's in the compartment on TOP of the dash now.....nice of them to let us know, eh?

Sheesh!

·
Registered
2,003 Posts

Tralfaz said:
Just found out they moved it-it's in the compartment on TOP of the dash now.....nice of them to let us know, eh?

Sheesh!
You mean that center storage area on the dash? Weird; maybe throw in a pic for clarification if you get a chance

·
Premium Member
24,426 Posts

Wow! This might actually be the first mention of the above dash storage compartment on this forum. Has anybody ever used it for anything. I actually forget its existence until I read this thread.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts

I put my hitch lock keys in there; not much room for anything else, maybe a pencil :-\

·
Registered
5,169 Posts

Keep Garmin cords up there - on occasion sunglasses... That's about it... Seems a rather ill-conceived change - I'd rather have the player/connections down around console level rather than dangling from the top center of dash...

So... Does one hookup, drape the USB cord from the compartment door & shut it on the cord? Or keep the player in the compartment, or???

·
Registered
2,003 Posts

There doesn't seem to be a place for the cord; I'm guessing you hook it up and control whatever through the steering wheel controls

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Thanks to Tralfaz the problem is solved. I found it but you barely can see it. Its on the RH side of the compartment. I called my selling dealership and two others in the Flint area and none had a clue even Michelle Phillips said it was in the console. Hot news just in from Michelle and the three dealers and all say its in the upper dash compartment, it was a late change and did not get into the manual.
Thanks to Tralfaz and everyone else.

·
Registered
7,091 Posts

GoldEnclave said:
Wow! This might actually be the first mention of the above dash storage compartment on this forum. Has anybody ever used it for anything. I actually forget its existence until I read this thread.
I use that storage comp. every day. (2010 Traverse).
Stuff I stuff into it almost every day
work badge.
parking badge.
other items....
my cell phone.
wifeys cell phone.
wallet.
camera.
sunglasses...

stuff I need to quickly store.
I think thats one of the most used items in the car.
though it does appear to be a different shape on the traverse. more squareish,

·
Registered
2,003 Posts

It must be a different shape if you are storing those items, the Acadia one is close to useless IMO

·
Registered
234 Posts

AA/78U said:
It must be a different shape if you are storing those items, the Acadia one is close to useless IMO
Any of those items rbarrios listed would fit in my Acadia's storage compartment - not all at once of course. I'd be a little concerned about electronics cooking in there on hot sunny days though. I just keep sunglasses in it. It's an uncomfortable reach though and I would much prefer an overhead flip-down sunglass holder.

·
Registered
7,091 Posts

a few times Ive left my camera in there---about 5 hrs of heat.
But Ive never heard them sliding around...

·
Registered
327 Posts

If nothing else its a great location to "install" your I-Pass or depending on where you drive your EZ-Pass transponder. Its not stuck up on the windshield, ugly, and I've never had it fail in 3 years. Also great for sunglasses...very functional I think. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
24,426 Posts

That is a great idea. Mine is already
windshield mounted, so I will consider this if my next vehicle has a similar storage area.

·
Registered
85 Posts

I use the center dash compartment for sunglasses, cellphone, etc.. It's fairly deep compartment. I was surprized when I first opened it and looked in.

It's a nice option and use of the great monster sized flat dashboard.

BBjr

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.