EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Enclave Avenir White Frost
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the 2021 Enclave owners manual, p.32, this feature can be found. After activating it on the Driver Information Center, I proceeded to see how it works. The manual says to hold the unlock down on the fob for a few seconds and the windows will open, and yes, all four of them did. To raise them, simply hold the lock down on the fob for a few seconds again, and they should close, and they did not. I attempted to do this several times with no success. Returning them again to the up position from the inside controls, I repeated opening them successfully with the fob, however, using the fob will not close them. Anyone have a solution before I contact my delivering dealer? Thank you.

JCEJr

·
Super Moderator
321 Posts
I haven't tried that in three years, but remember having a similar problem. Not sure, but try holding the unlock button down again to close them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't tried that in three years, but remember having a similar problem. Not sure, but try holding the unlock button down again to close them.
You must monitor this site frequently Al and I appreciate your expeditious responses. The manual states to hold the lock button down to raise them, however, I will try your suggestion, if I haven't already. When I made my initial attempt at trying this cool feature, I believe I held everything down at least once to get them to raise. Wonder why they go down but not up?!? I'm happy with the lowering to cool the interior, but raising would be nice as well in case of inclement weather.
Thanks.
JCEJr

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, I could not wait to try your suggestion, but much to my dismay, I had no luck! I called a salesman at a dealership I have been a customer of and he is going to try an Enclave or two on his lot to see if the feature performs as stated in the manual. Stay tuned......I will post the results.
JCEJr

·
Registered
219 Posts
That's odd, it doesn't work on my 2019 Avenir either. I have every possible option and remote window operation is enabled in the vehicle settings. Holding the unlock button opens all the windows, but neither pressing nor pressing and holding either the unlock or lock buttons raises the windows (although it does work properly to fold the mirrors).

It worked when I first got the vehicle because I went through every single option and operation. I haven't used it since and now it doesn't work.

·
Super Moderator
321 Posts
It’s been raining so I haven’t had a chance to try it but I will tonight.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's odd, it doesn't work on my 2019 Avenir either. I have every possible option and remote window operation is enabled in the vehicle settings. Holding the unlock button opens all the windows, but neither pressing nor pressing and holding either the unlock or lock buttons raises the windows (although it does work properly to fold the mirrors).

It worked when I first got the vehicle because I went through every single option and operation. I haven't used it since and now it doesn't work.
Interesting, dporter22. We may have found an issue Buick should be made aware of. Strange they lower but will not close. Thank you for your response. I wonder whether our compadre Alvenir has had the opportunity to check it out. I have a private owner as well as a dealer personnel investigating and will advise of their findings.
JCEJr

·
Registered
118 Posts
You will probably need to reprogram the power windows. This needs to be performed anytime the battery is disconnected or becomes discharged. The selling dealer should have performed this step as part of the PDI. It's not hard to do and is covered in your handbook. Page 36 in my 2020 handbook. Hope this helps. Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
321 Posts
I did check mine last night. Same thing. They go down but not up. 🙃

·
Registered
219 Posts
You will probably need to reprogram the power windows. This needs to be performed anytime the battery is disconnected or becomes discharged. The selling dealer should have performed this step as part of the PDI. It's not hard to do and is covered in your handbook. Page 36 in my 2020 handbook. Hope this helps. Good luck.
I thought of that also, but my battery has never been discharged nor disconnected.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I thought of that also, but my battery has never been discharged nor disconnected.
Have you attempted to reprogram them? Modules and ECU's can malfunction for a variety of reasons other than loss of power. It may or may not correct the issue, but it is a quick and easy process that I would try before going any deeper. Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
671 Posts
It’s likely this feature was removed late in development when the GM lawyers heard about it. That’s how it is with my Audi, except I have the software to re-enable it. It’s in a section Audi calls RoW, for “Rest of World”. Basically US spec cars have a lot settings that are different from every other country. It’s not that there aren’t people all over the world dumb enough to roll their kid/pet/self up in a window if you let them do it from a fob, it’s just the manufactures know only US juries would be dumb enough to hold the manufacturer responsible.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ibis, do yours go up if you hold the lock button?
I'm not sure if mine even go down as I have never tried it. I will try it tomorrow to see if it works in either direction. My vehicle is a lower trim level, not sure if that will make a difference.

·
Registered
118 Posts
It’s likely this feature was removed late in development when the GM lawyers heard about it. That’s how it is with my Audi, except I have the software to re-enable it. It’s in a section Audi calls RoW, for “Rest of World”. Basically US spec cars have a lot settings that are different from every other country. It’s not that there aren’t people all over the world dumb enough to roll their kid/pet/self up in a window if you let them do it from a fob, it’s just the manufactures know only US juries would be dumb enough to hold the manufacturer responsible.
When I was working for Land Rover, we had a lot of issues like this since we sold vehicles in almost every market around the world. We also had ROW issues due to market variables. The handbooks had a lot of errors due to differing markets. When this was pointed out, they (LRNA) would printout supplements that we would insert into the handbooks. It's quite possible the Buick windows will not close as per the handbook.

·
Registered
219 Posts
So GM possibly removed a feature, but left it in the manual, failed to issue a correction, didn't notify dealers or customers, and then still failed to make the correction over the next two model years.

Not surprising.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm not sure if mine even go down as I have never tried it. I will try it tomorrow to see if it works in either direction. My vehicle is a lower trim level, not sure if that will make a difference.
Alvenir, I tried mine for the first time and the windows all went down while I held the unlock button. When I attempted to lock the vehicle and close the windows, they didn't move. I made two attempts to reprogram the windows and rechecked to see if they would close and nothing. I have to conclude that GM has removed this feature and neglected to change the handbook or add a supplement.

·
Super Moderator
321 Posts
Thanks for checking. I’ll bet it’s a safety thing. I can’t think of a better reason for disabling it. It would be a handy feature if a fast rain shower came along when the windows were all open.

·
Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
818 Posts
I wish that there was a rain sensor which would close the sunroof in case of a sudden shower the roof left open but then the lawyers would have a field day if someone was trying to get in as it was closing and got a boo boo.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You all were wonderful in your replies! I have come to the conclusion that Buick is not allowing the windows to return to their up position for legality purposes, and yes, they inadvertently did not change the wording in the OM. That's the way my former employer of 34 years operates. I'm happy that at least one can let the hot air out of the car remotely.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts