EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 2015 vacation year, for us, is over. So now on to "what's happening" in 2016.

My husband and I have tossed around taking a cruise. Except he wants to take a cruise around Ireland for our 20th anniversary next May.

I am getting more inclined to say "oh **** yea". Now to get things going, and don't laugh because I never needed one before, I have to get a passport. My husband needs to get his renewed. Yep when I traveled to the Bahamas and to Bonaire I could get in and out with a birth certificate and photo ID, drivers license. But that was back in the early 80's.

So, what are your plans, or ideas, for Vacations 2016??

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
I have no 2016 vacation planned yet. My son will be starting college the end of next summer and will likely be committing his entire summer to working as a camp counselor again. That leaves us only with an opportunity during spring break. But, we've rarely vacationed at that time because our kid's school spring break calendar may change due to inclement weather closings earlier during the school year, and we don't feel comfortable having then miss school. We'll see.

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
My nephew is getting married next summer, so I'm planning a trip to CO with my daughters for that, and hopefully make a week of it. Funny thing, I had planned a trip out there next year anyway, so his timing for the wedding is perfect. Just don't know a date yet, late summer most likely.

Then, if the wedding doesn't conflict with the date, I'm planning on the Pontiac Nationals show in OH next Aug, that I didn't get to this year due to my car being repaired at the time.

And also, my Ferris State Alumni Jazz concert is in April, not that it counts as a vacation, but it's in my plans.

That's all I know for now.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Escaping the cold winter here - going to Yuma for Thanksgiving and Christmas, then Oaxaca and Huatulco in February. Oughta find lots of sunshine!

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rockyp said:
Escaping the cold winter here - going to Yuma for Thanksgiving and Christmas, then Oaxaca and Huatulco in February. Oughta find lots of sunshine!
Agree with Gold...ENJOY!!!!

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
My wife decided to celebrate a "big" birthday with a 5 day 4 night stay in Cancun, MX in January with myself and kids instead of throwing a party. I'm all for it! Mexico, here we come! :cheers:

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Do company trips count? If not, vacation, what's that? (how do people do it, I need to be let in on the secret!)

We went to Chicago, for a business trip/Grateful Dead in July.

I may have to go to Montreal for business, and bring the wife and toddler. I have been there probably 1000+ times, but my wife has not. As a college student and 1.6x exchange, you know we were there sometimes every weekend. My first manager asked, I don't get why you guys are going to Montreal every weekend. One morning she goes, "I talked to my daughter, and now I know why you guys are going to Montreal every weekend." stone cold busted!

edit: Also, wife's cousin may be getting married, which means toronto again. These are forced events, not vacations imho (two weekends in a row weddings, and a Christening in Nov. money outflows that we can't control in any way. At least I got the 99 cent chork pops, and 59 oz Simply Orange not from concentrate for $1.24/59 oz)

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
GoldEnclave said:
My wife decided to celebrate a "big" birthday with a 5 day 4 night stay in Cancun, MX in January with myself and kids instead of throwing a party. I'm all for it! Mexico, here we come! :cheers:
Humm...30? Or 40? Cannot be 50. ;D

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
john 070 said:
Do company trips count? If not, vacation, what's that? (how do people do it, I need to be let in on the secret!)

We went to Chicago, for a business trip/Grateful Dead in July.

I may have to go to Montreal for business, and bring the wife and toddler. I have been there probably 1000+ times, but my wife has not. As a college student and 1.6x exchange, you know we were there sometimes every weekend. My first manager asked, I don't get why you guys are going to Montreal every weekend. One morning she goes, "I talked to my daughter, and now I know why you guys are going to Montreal every weekend." stone cold busted!

edit: Also, wife's cousin may be getting married, which means toronto again. These are forced events, not vacations imho (two weekends in a row weddings, and a Christening in Nov. money outflows that we can't control in any way. At least I got the 99 cent chork pops, and 59 oz Simply Orange not from concentrate for $1.24/59 oz)
If you have vacation-like fun, sure they do! :thumb:

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
john 070 said:
I have traveled with my husband when he has been on business a few times. The one I remember and still laugh about is, 2003 he had a seminar at the Marine Corp Air Station at Cherry Point, NC., Sept 2003. I went with him as he drove onto the base, to where the seminar was held at. I then drove off the base and spend a few hours driving around checking things out.

When it came time to pick him up, I drove back to the base. A marine said I was not permitted on as I didn't have a military dependent ID, which my husband could have acquired for me, as he is retired AF. The marine and I chatted for a few, I showed him the brochure and the directions and then I said "Just like a fly-boy to not tell me I could not get back on and not bother getting me the needed ID". He laughed and said "go ahead".

My husband had that look on his face when he saw me sitting in the lobby, "how the ****" and I said "why didn't you tell me I would have a problem". He asked how I did get back on. I said "the term typical fly-boy works, when talking to a Marine".

;D :happy:

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Good story!! :cheers:

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Vacations, what are those? 2015 was Chicago though it was a combined business trip.

Work/life balance is lacking today....I'm forfeiting 5 1/2 pto days, though boss said burn them under the table next year. Fat chance with all the new business coming in, and if I leave, it was purely verbal....

Family should get away from in laws so I say Vancouver (Ontario and Quebec would mean in laws....) ;D

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
Just one week until I'm in Cancun! :sunny: :beer:
So how was it?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts