EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
21,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since some folks plan their vacations well ahead of time, I've started the 2017 vacation thread. Any plans, anyone?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,405 Posts
Nope. Heck we haven't even made plans for 2016 yet. My husband wants to do a cruise. I would prefer to wait until he retires.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
21,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sailfish said:
Nope. Heck we haven't even made plans for 2016 yet. My husband wants to do a cruise. I would prefer to wait until he retires.
Have you considered a Royal Caribbean cruise? I bet that you can get a great deal right now. :happy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,405 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
Have you considered a Royal Caribbean cruise? I bet that you can get a great deal right now. :happy:
:eek: HAHAHAHAHA...yea I saw that news report. Bet you can get a great deal. So when is you next cruise? :happy:
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
21,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sailfish said:
:eek: HAHAHAHAHA...yea I saw that news report. Bet you can get a great deal. So when is you next cruise? :happy:
After spending several awesome days at an all inclusive resort in Cancun, my wife claims that she's done cruising. We'll see, but cruising 7 times in 11 years does start to wear thin.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,405 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
After spending several awesome days at an all inclusive resort in Cancun, my wife claims that she's done cruising. We'll see, but cruising 7 times in 11 years does start to wear thin.
I was just looking at homes, or condo's, to rent in the Savannah, Georgia area for either May or October.

After renting a few condo's when we were in Florida or the Outer Banks, we like the idea of being able to get up late, make our own breakfast and only have dinner out.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
21,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am getting the impression that we'll likely head back to Cancun for our 2017 vacation. Exactly when is up in the air, but we'll likely return to the same resort that we enjoyed so much last month.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,405 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
I am getting the impression that we'll likely head back to Cancun for our 2017 vacation. Exactly when is up in the air, but we'll likely return to the same resort that we enjoyed so much last month.
:thumb: Enjoy! We won't be traveling out of the country until my husband officially retires.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
21,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sailfish said:
:thumb: Enjoy! We won't be traveling out of the country until my husband officially retires.
Really? At your age, that's got to be at least a few decades from now. ;)
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
21,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I still don't have any specific plans for my next vacation other than it very likely being no sooner than 2017. My wife and I are considering returning to Cancun to the same all inclusive resort that we enjoyed for 4 nights this past January.

I generally like to book well in advance in order to have something to look forward to, but my son will be starting college this August and we don't know what his schedule is yet. Even if he doesn't join us, I don't feel comfortable traveling abroad while he is still adjusting to life on his own at college. I'd be happier knowing that he's safe at home again like this past January vacation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,405 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
Really? At your age, that's got to be at least a few decades from now. ;)
hehehehehe...awwww shucks. :happy:

GoldEnclave said:
I still don't have any specific plans for my next vacation other than it very likely being no sooner than 2017. My wife and I are considering returning to Cancun to the same all inclusive resort that we enjoyed for 4 nights this past January.

I generally like to book well in advance in order to have something to look forward to, but my son will be starting college this August and we don't know what his schedule is yet. Even if he doesn't join us, I don't feel comfortable traveling abroad while he is still adjusting to life on his own at college. I'd be happier knowing that he's safe at home again like this past January vacation.
WOW I guess I didn't realize your children were getting to be that old. :eek:
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
21,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My son is a 17 year old high school senior, and my daughter is a 14 year old 8th grader.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,405 Posts
Nope, nothing planned yet. Still waiting to see if he will be retiring Dec 2017 or wait a couple more years.

We usually don't make any vacation plans until the first part of that year anyway.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
21,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My brother is cruising to Bermuda tomorrow for a week on NCL. Though my wife and I are on a cruising hiatus, this has sparked renewed interest in trying to plan next year's vacation. It's time to start researching.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,405 Posts
Looks like we will be planning a vacation for the spring of 2017.

My husband has 100,000 frequent flyer miles he MUST use before July of 2017.

Last time he had 125,000 flyer miles racked up and had to be used, we flew first class to and from Hawaii in April, 2002.

He asked me if I wanted to go to Ireland or another trip to Hawaii.

Hummmm....I said let's do Hawaii and we can go to Ireland AFTER retirement. That way we can take 2-3 weeks instead of having to get back for his work in 10 days.

We have decided to not stay on Ohau as we did the last time. We did take 3 day trips while out there, Kaui, Maui and the big island.

This time, he wants to stay on the big island. So I am starting to research condo's to rent, ocean front or beach front.

Guess now is the time to really get my butt in gear, or should I say "butt in shape". ;D
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
21,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My wife and I went to Hawaii on our honeymoon. We split our 10 days there between Maui and Kauai. We planned to return every 10 years, but life has gotten in the way. Lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,405 Posts
We said when we were leaving that we wanted to go back. Never even discussed it again until this week.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
21,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I still have no solid plans for vacation yet, but my wife and I are both overdue, over-stressed, overworked, and in desperate need of some serious time off.
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
4 Participants
sailfish
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing
Top