EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Just spent 7 weeks on the road. Left Pa January 25 to Charlotte to St Augustine for 2 days to tour. 3 days in Daytona. February 1st to the 26 Fort Lauderdale with a trip to Fort Meyers to see a friend. Back to Dayton for 2 days. 5 days on Kiawah Island, 3 days in Nashville Tennessee. 2 days in Kentucky at the Ark Encounter. Back to Pa March 10 too freezing cold weather. 9 cities, 10 States, 4000 miles on the Buick. Great car, Great Trip. Will be in the OBX first week of September.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
GoldEnclave said:
I still have no solid plans for vacation yet, but my wife and I are both overdue, over-stressed, overworked, and in desperate need of some serious time off.
Most likely, there will not be any real vacation for 2017. My family moved into a single family house last October, and we have lots of home improvement projects to orchestrate regarding time off form work and funding. Hopefully we will be able to plan a 2018 vacation instead.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
We have absolutely no plans made at all for this year. Had planned on remodeling 2 bathrooms and moving the laundry room upstairs. Instead, spending money on the chemo treatments for our Sheltie Jake.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We will be traveling to Portugal to visit the shrine of Our Lady of Fatima. So, not driving in our Buick, but looking forward to it. :angel:

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
My wife, kids, and I just got back from 5 days in Las Vegas. My father treated us and my brother to a fantastic stay at the Wynn resort. This came together from an idea he had about 2 months ago, otherwise my plan was to have a staycation instead.

The resort was upscale and elegant. The "Strip" has a Disney World atmosphere, and the attractions seem almost endless.

We also rented a car and drove to tour the Hoover Dam. IMPRESSIVE!!

All in all, it was an unexpected fun several days, thanks to my father. :)

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
We are contemplating taking a vacation by train. Amtrak to San Jose, CA. Rent a car and drive either up to Napa, or down to Carmel. Plus spend a couple days in San Francisco.

The decision will be made this weekend and also hinges on if we can get our "crazy gang" of 3 shelties into the kennel. Jake and Elwood at the one we have used for 20 years. They always place them in the same run together, at my request. They get upset if separated. Missy Serenity, she will stay with our vet, because of she cannot hear and she loves one on one attention.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
4 Participants
sailfish
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing