EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Enclave Avenir White Frost
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are the owners of a 2021 Enclave Avenir and I seem to be discovering new features periodically. Not being completely comfortable with the rear back up camera, last week, I opened the driver's door while our vehicle was creeping in reverse and to my surprise, the brakes activated and immediately stopped the car. Since this has occurred on two occasions, I am thinking it is a safety feature of which I was not aware. Does anyone know if this feature is mentioned in the owner's manual, and if so, what page please? I have not attempted to do this, however, I was thinking that if the door had to be opened while moving in reverse, it should be opened first, before shifting into "R". By doing it in this order, the brakes will not be applied. Can anyone confirm this issue? As usual, thanks for your input.

JCEJr

·
Registered
2021 Enclave Avenir White Frost
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a safety feature and it's described in the manual in a few places. You'll have to search the owner's manual pdf for parking brake.
Thank you for your reply KBuick75. I have not had the opportunity to check out your suggestion to go into the owner's manual in the parking brake section to see if it describes this situation re/ the abrupt braking. If you do happen to run across the page number in the manual, it would be appreciated. It is a well thought out safety feature I had never experienced on any GM vehicles I ever owned or had had as company vehicles (which is a perk truly missed in my GM retirement). Thank you again.

JCEJr

1 - 3 of 3 Posts