EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, hope all is well. I was experiencing subtle vibration in my 2014 Buick Enclave between 60 - 75mph. I was told it was my drive shaft and so I replaced it with an aftermarket shaft. Well, the vibration got worse at 55mph and I contacted the vendor (driveshaftstore) and they sent me a replacement and the vibration is still there. Everything was torqued to specs and matched up in terms of length and bolt holes. What could be the problem? Should I consider the OEM drive shaft?

Thanks in advance
Elijah

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Any time you put a chinese axle on you’re taking a chance.

What was the vibration?
When did it start?
Recent work?
Where do you feel it? Steering wheel, seat etc.
Mileage?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, the vibration feels like it's coming from drive shaft area underneath car. Bought car from auction last year and was always there (rear end accident at some point). 88K miles

·
Registered
73 Posts
That looks like a typical northern rust belt axle.

Did you check the motor mounts? Have you changed the rear differential fluid? Was the frame damaged in the accident and if so was it fixed correctly?
How about the rear sway links?
How does the carrier bearing in the old axle compare to the new ones if you try and move the axle back and forth, up and down?

You may be right that it is the axle and as I said earlier using a chinese axle can cause all kinds of issues, because after you put the new axle in you think “it can’t be that because I just changed it, it’s brand new” .

I had a Nissan I thought the same thing about, I changed out the drive shaft and both front half shafts and still I had a noise/vibration, it turned out to be a failing CVT transmission which I suspected but was hoping was not the case.
My rule of thumb, chinese mud flaps and fuzzy dice are fine anything else especially important parts whose failure can cause a catastrophe , never.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts