EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008 CXL with 145K miles. Happens more when she is cold. When have been driving for a while it is less frequent. When accelerating, around 20 mph I feel vibration which seems to be coming from front. Steering wheel does not vibrate but feels like the entire car vibrates. Had multiple mechanics do a visual but found nothing. Looks that a deep dive is needed. It was suggested to check wheel balancing. However I don’t think that is the issue since it doesn’t happen 100% of the time when accelerating. If you had the same experience, can you share what was the culprit? Also, does anyone have a diagram of the engine heater hoses? Looks that they are leaking. I believe there is an auxiliary hose and upper/lower hose. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
2008 CXL with 145K miles. Happens more when she is cold. When have been driving for a while it is less frequent. When accelerating, around 20 mph I feel vibration which seems to be coming from front. Steering wheel does not vibrate but feels like the entire car vibrates. Had multiple mechanics do a visual but found nothing. Looks that a deep dive is needed. It was suggested to check wheel balancing. However I don’t think that is the issue since it doesn’t happen 100% of the time when accelerating. If you had the same experience, can you share what was the culprit? Also, does anyone have a diagram of the engine heater hoses? Looks that they are leaking. I believe there is an auxiliary hose and upper/lower hose. Thanks in advance.
I would have the motor mounts checked. I felt something similar in my '15.

·
Registered
421 Posts
If it gets better when you drive it harder, it's probably the computer in the transmission

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would have the motor mounts checked. I felt something similar in my '15.
Yes I was told that motor mounts are cracked. I'm not a mechanic so just trying to understand how that is related to the vibrations or shuddering?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts