EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's only been a week and this is not a compliant (or at least a big one), but I have noticed that when the DVD screen is down in position to watch, it is very visible through the rear view mirror, so much so that it blocks much of the view out the back. Of course it doesn't help that I have the temporary tags in the back window as well, but on my Odyssey, I don't ever remember seeing the screen through the rear view mirror. Anyone else noticing the same?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yes, we took a road trip over Labor Day, and I noticed the same thing. It was especially noticable at night, since it really blocked the headlights of the drivers behind you.

This is the first vehicle I've owned with a DVD screen, so I just figured it's par for the course. It wasn't a huge deal, but I agree it was a bit of a relief when the movie was over and the screen was folded away.

·
Registered
360 Posts
read about this in other posts. One of the reasons that I didn't get the DVD system. Also, for about $200 I can can get head rest "strap on" units at Target, etc. I'm not even very inclined to do that, guess I'm too "old school". With the Quiet Engineering, maybe we could all just 'talk'!? Who knew?? :thumb:

·
Registered
435 Posts
I had the same problem with my 2005 Terraza...that"s one of the reasons why I bought the strap-on DVD's at Walmart...that and it would have cost me about a grand more!. The individual ones are great. I bought 4 of them so when my grandchildren are in the car, they can all watch what they want, being that they range in age from 18 months to 13 years. They put on their headphones, and I can listen to the radio...or my wife!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Oh, I have had pages of this discussion on the Acadia forum! FYI, the headliner is designed differently to accommodate the sunroofs, if you have them, therefore, making the DVD unit 2" closer to the floor (hang down 2" lower) than on the non-sunroof Lambda's. This was a deal breaker for us - my husband found it to be unacceptable to spend $39,000+ on a blind spot like that. And since we had only driven sunroof versions, we had a hard time finding any Lambda without sunroofs with a factory DVD. We finally found one and tested it and an Odyssey to get a side by side comparison. The DVD in an Odyssey does not at all compromise the rear view. But the non-sunroof Acadia was fine - maybe dropped 1/6th into the rear view for me. A little more for my husband but he said it was acceptable compared to the other way...which as you found out covers 1/2-2/3 of the view.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts