EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started having voice dialing issues on my 2014 Enclave a while back. When I press the "Call" button on the steering wheel and try to call a phone contact using a voice command such as "Call Home", or "Dial Nancy" the voice recognition responds with a vocal and visual display response in a numeric format, such as "Pound 21" (displayed as #21 on the call screen). Apparently the call command function is converting dial commands to a numeric command for some reason. I've tried it with iPhones, Android and Blackberry devices and all

Radio commands and other system commands seem to be working normally. I'm thinking that a factory reset might resolve the issue, but I can't find any info other than disconnecting the battery, which I doubt will work.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I started having voice dialing issues on my 2014 Enclave a while back. When I press the "Call" button on the steering wheel and try to call a phone contact using a voice command such as "Call Home", or "Dial Nancy" the voice recognition responds with a vocal and visual display response in a numeric format, such as "Pound 21" (displayed as #21 on the call screen). Apparently the call command function is converting dial commands to a numeric command for some reason. I've tried it with iPhones, Android and Blackberry devices and all

Radio commands and other system commands seem to be working normally. I'm thinking that a factory reset might resolve the issue, but I can't find any info other than disconnecting the battery, which I doubt will work.

Any suggestions?
Hello,

I know this is a pretty old post but wondering if you ever solved this problem. My voice dialing from contacts worked great for the first few years and hasn't worked since. I had the dealer update the software in about 2017 with no luck. I would love to find a solution. This failure will keep me from buying another Buick.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts