EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never thought I would see the day but today I saw Halle and fell in love! :-* :love: I drove her home and we bonded. It was sometimes rattling driving her home on the highway after dark, I couldnt locate the side mirror adjustments right away and so I was nervous to lane change! And it was raining through the pass (not snowing thank goodness), so I turned on the rear wiper, then it took me another while to get it to turn off! ha ha. :tard: My husband was following me home and I kept calling him saying, "do I look seeexy?" Then we went to dinner to celebrate and parked waaaaaay far away and as we were walking towards the restaurant not even 30 feet away from the car, we were admiring her as we walked away, and a big a$$ truck pulls in RIGHT NEXT to her! (The nerve!). :beatdown: I was nervous about it so my husband went back out side after we were seated and moved her even further away. (I know I'm obsessed). But I loooove her so much! Thank you all for putting up with me. I am so relieved to have her home.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hayyyyyy!!! Congrats Waiting!!! :thumb: Too funny about the parking sounds like something I would do! Of course, my wife would just roll her eyes at me... I have one thing to say... Uh hum...Where's the pictures?????? We want to see her too!
Congrats again and of course I'm jealous because I'm still waiting to get my car's protons together...! (I have no idea where the physics analogy comes from)...

G

·
waitingsince 8-10 said:
we were admiring her as we walked away, and a big a$$ truck pulls in RIGHT NEXT to her! (The nerve!). :beatdown: I was nervous about it so my husband went back out side after we were seated and moved her even further away. (I know I'm obsessed). But I loooove her so much! Thank you all for putting up with me.

sorry about that, your husband called me to have me park next to you so he could get a chance to drive it. :angel:

CONGRATULATIONS, GLAD YOU GOT YOUR ENCLAVE.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh hardee har-har thunder!!!! :D Actually I was very nice and let him drive us to dinner! PLUS I rode in the back seat while our 16 yr old son programmed my radio stations for me! :D :D He figures those gadgets out in a fraction of the time it takes me to tap tap tap tap and tap again, cuss, tap.. well you get the picture. I am in awe at how BEAUTIFUL this car is inside at night. All the different color little lights, the soft glow illuminating the console so I can see my latte :thumb: -- they thought of everything!

Pockettodd, do you have a build date? You should call that 800 number for Buick customer service. Seems things really got moving once I called that number. (or it was just coincidence).

G

·
waitingsince 8-10 said:
oh hardee har-har thunder!!!! :D Actually I was very nice and let him drive us to dinner! PLUS I rode in the back seat while our 16 yr old son programmed my radio stations for me! :D :D He figures those gadgets out in a fraction of the time it takes me to tap tap tap tap and tap again, cuss, tap.. well you get the picture. I am in awe at how BEAUTIFUL this car is inside at night. All the different color little lights, the soft glow illuminating the console so I can see my latte :thumb: -- they thought of everything!

Pockettodd, do you have a build date? You should call that 800 number for Buick customer service. Seems things really got moving once I called that number. (or it was just coincidence).
so does he have a licence or permit, are you going to let him drive it when he goes out?

dealing with electronic gizmoes is just somthing we do, my 16 year old brother and i can program and fix electronic stuff in seconds, and my parents look at us like i wish we new that stuff by heart.

BTW I THINK ITS TIME TO CHANGE YOUR NAME, LIKE DRIVING ONE SINCE 11-19 OR GOT MY ENCLAVE ON 11-19 OR OWNED HALLE SINCE 11-19. :angel:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He has a license (since June), and NO HE'S NOT GONNA DRIVE MISS HALLE. He's buying my '99 Toyota Solara, which is pretty sporty, he's happy with it. Except he's being booted out of the garage. We had to measure Halle's big rear end when we opened the liftgate to see if it hits -- it barely clears the garage with the lift gate open, and it would probably hit depending on where you park, but my husband is putting some foam padding strips on the inside of the garage door where the gate comes close just in case. Because it would be so easy to accidentally hit that button on the key fob! :eek:

G

·
YOU KNOW THATS GUNNA CHANGE, AND if you dont let him, he's gunna see what it can do while your eather A. sleeping. B. gone someware with out the clave C. when your not home but dad is because dads are like that. D wheather you know it or not. just how we are ;D ok maybe that was just me, but dad would let us do what ever we want (still does) and the mom was the person who wrecked all our fun. your so mean ::) :p

if it worrys you that much, make a habit of turning the power lift gate OFF before you get out and turn it on once you leave. works for us.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rollin Thunder + Black Bandit said:
YOU KNOW THATS GUNNA CHANGE, AND if you dont let him, he's gunna see what it can do while your eather A. sleeping. B. gone someware with out the clave C. when your not home but dad is because dads are like that. D wheather you know it or not. just how we are ;D ok maybe that was just me, but dad would let us do what ever we want (still does) and the mom was the person who wrecked all our fun. your so mean ::) :p
hahaha -- not going to happen because, A. I'm a light sleeper, B. Impossible for him to sneak out of the house cuz I'll hear the beeping as he is disabling the alarm system, and C. His dad's not like that! In fact our son gets away with more crap with me than his father. I'm a softie really, and he knows he has me wrapped around his finger! :p

Boy driving Miss Halle today to work and at lunch has been a blast. Last night bringing her home I was nervous, it was dark, raining, I was getting used to the gadgetry and settings and switches. Today, in the daylight, I felt much more confident and I must say it's pretty peppy! Did I say I love that car?? :-*

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Waiting, congratulations on Halle's arrival. :clap2:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Congrats waiting now happy!
As far as parking far away goes I have a story...

Went to Sam's Club and parked waaay out (in the rain no less), when I came back it was like a convention with people parked around the car ... I guess they wanted a closer look!

Enjoy Halle but I would cool it on the big butt jokes! ;D

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
johnt26 said:
Enjoy Halle but I would cool it on the big butt jokes! ;D
Okay, yeah I guess I should have referred to her "voluptuous curvature!"

I haven't had the pleasure of the "swarm" of people around my car yet. I haven't even noticed people oggling at stop lights. But then I guess I haven't even had it 24 hrs yet! ;)

G

·
hey cool you changed your name.

he will find away, maybe when its a year old and the "newness" has warn off, its funny how thats oppisite, if we did somthing wrong infront of MOM we get punished (well i dont anymore as im older but when we were young), if we do somthing wrong in front of dad, he joins in.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Congratulations Waiting! I am so happy for you because I know EXACTLY how you feel!!!!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Congrats waiting/happy.....you will have a Happy Thanksgiving! :cheers:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ccaats said:
Congrats waiting/happy.....you will have a Happy Thanksgiving! :cheers:
Yes, very much so! A funny thing happened this morning. The customer service rep (not my salesman), called this morning to tell me my Enclave is in! She was surprised when I told her I already picked it up Monday. LOL :D -- happy thanksgiving everyone! ;D

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
That's great news, Waiting!! I know you will have a Happy Thanksgiving now. Your stories all sound so familiar and what I was doing/thinking a month ago! I now have 2000 miles on my girl, and she is just like new...lol!

PS-WHERE ARE THE PICTURES?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!? [/color] :cheers:

·
Registered
484 Posts
Congratulations on Halle's arrival into your world. Have you gone out into the garage in your PJ's early in the morning before anyone else is up and rubbed your hands along her voluptuous curvature yet and found out how smooth she is?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Rosita2001 said:
PS-WHERE ARE THE PICTURES?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!? [/color] :cheers:
Happy thanksgiving Carol! I know I need to take some pics, she's so photogenic you know. Since I picked her up Monday I've been working every day, and except for my lunch hour I've only been able to enjoy her after dark. So this weekend if it's not raining/snowing I'll take some pics of her and post!

htrdgrma said:
Have you gone out into the garage in your PJ's early in the morning before anyone else is up and rubbed your hands along her voluptuous curvature yet and found out how smooth she is?
hahaha, yes, I have done that! Glad to know I'm apparently not the only one. She looks so BIG in that garage! I even tell her goodnight when I go to bed. I open the door & say, "night night Halle!". My son thinks I've really lost it, more than my "normal" nuttiness. I embarrass him all the time. :angel:

Happy thanksgiving everyone!

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
waitingsince 8-10 said:
I never thought I would see the day but today I saw Halle and fell in love! :-* :love: I drove her home and we bonded. It was sometimes rattling driving her home on the highway after dark, I couldnt locate the side mirror adjustments right away and so I was nervous to lane change! And it was raining through the pass (not snowing thank goodness), so I turned on the rear wiper, then it took me another while to get it to turn off! ha ha. :tard: My husband was following me home and I kept calling him saying, "do I look seeexy?" Then we went to dinner to celebrate and parked waaaaaay far away and as we were walking towards the restaurant not even 30 feet away from the car, we were admiring her as we walked away, and a big a$$ truck pulls in RIGHT NEXT to her! (The nerve!). :beatdown: I was nervous about it so my husband went back out side after we were seated and moved her even further away. (I know I'm obsessed). But I loooove her so much! Thank you all for putting up with me. I am so relieved to have her home.

Told ya by Thanksgiving!!! Glod bless and enjoy your beauty!

·
Registered
661 Posts
A great thanksgiving for us! Salesman called Tuesday night that mine had just arrived and he would get it in the shop for check and detail and I could pick it up Wednesday afternoon. Great experience with the dealer, salesman noted a minor problem and he had it fixed while we did the paper work. We had a thanksgiving trip planned, so we made it in our new beauty. Had a great dinner with good friends and got home to watch Auburn beat Alabama!! :cheers:WAR Eagle.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts