EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking with the business writer from the Lansing State Journal about the long wait times with Enclaves and she would like to hear your story and perspective too. GM is scheduled to eliminate the 3rd shift at the Lansing, Michigan Delta plant on Dec. 21st. Of course, this obviously makes no sense to any of us because some of us have been waiting a very long time (personally my wait will be 4 months on Dec. 23rd). Of course some of you have been waiting much longer than that.

At any rate, she would like to hear from individuals about why you chose the Enclave, how long you've been waiting for those that have ordered, how long you can afford to wait, etc.. She's also interested in your perspective of why GM is laying off the 3rd shift with such a backlog pending.

Here's the contact info:
Barbara Wieland, business writer
Lansing State Journal
517-267-1348 (phone)
517-377-1298 (fax)
[email protected]

I warned her ahead of time on posting this request and the response she could get. Personally I think that any way we can get a message to GM to do something about reducing this backlog is time well spent.

I don't think I'll see an Enclave for Christmas.... :-[

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
It may make sense IF the orders are for trim level/options that are not available from their suppliers (like rear console, 2nd row bucket seats, etc) and the workers can't build them?

Just guessing.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I can completely empathize with everyone being up in arms about GM wanting to slow down production on the Enclave. I have yet to place our order, mostly because we can't find a dealer to give us a fair shake (as I see it, a factory order is a no-hassle, easy profit, so why shouldn't they just give us Invoice pricing and be done with it).

But we should all look at the fact that decreasing production rates will prevent Enclaves from flooding the market and will only help to buoy our residual vehicle values. So long as you get your vehicle, and you don't have to pay an extra premium because of it, I think this is really, in the end, a win for the consumer too. Waiting sucks, but good things come to those who wait. Don't let your impatience take control of your wallet.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I am currently in contact with this person due to my experience. I am making it very clear that I ADORE this vehicle and that it is teh best vehicle in the market in my opinion.

However I drove 2 1/2 hours 1 WAY to get my car and that' ridiculous considering it's a domestic vehicle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts