EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

If the powertrain warranty has already expired, has your lambda's wave plate failed yet?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please report if your lambda's wave plate has failed if and only if your car's powertrain warranty has already expired. Also post your car's current mileage and age if the original wave plate is still operating or the mileage and age of the car when the plate failed.

·
Registered
525 Posts
dzs3fz said:
Wow...only 5400 miles per year. That's Low
Yeah, I'm retired, and I ride my bicycle when the weather's nice. Also, we have another vehicle which we use around town, so the Enclave spends a lot of time in the garage unless we're on a road trip or I need to make a run while my wife's using the other car.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
I'm sure you have seen my reports - now 116,000 miles, just 2 weeks shy of 5 years of ownership, and still on original wave plate...

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have already informed my wife that at almost 4 years of ownership and 63K miles on my 2009, that I am not willing to financially take a chance with the Buick once the warranty on the powertrain expires in March 2014 due to the uncertain nature of the waveplate issue. As a result, I will sell it sometime late next year for another vehicle. I would like to think I will replace it with another Enclave at that time, but I am having a hard time convincing myself that I want to continue with the high monthly payment. I am trying to cut my monthly costs and the last thing I want is another $50K car sitting in the garage generating a $600 month payment! Without researching, the soon to be releases Hyundai Sante Fe with 7 seats looks pretty nice. Another contender might be the Mazda CX9. I will most likely look for gently used, too. Maybe a used 2013 Enclave might be around during that time period. Who knows......

·
Registered
681 Posts
55k miles and on a 5 year power train warranty I think I have like another few months or so. I think others here have it too unless somehow they got there vehicles in 2007

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The 2008 Enclave began production in March 2007, so there are quite a few 2008 Enclaves with expired powertrain warranties due to the 5 year limit. I am sure that there are a decent number of 2008 Enclaves with expired drivetrain warranties due to the 100,000 mile limit, too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
2008 Enclave, 107k miles and the wave plate failed today. In the two years I have owned the car it has been in for shift solenoid, transmission solenoid, water pump and now the wave plate. I am deeply regretting ever buying this vehicle. The luxurious interior and smooth ride do not make up for constant issues on a well maintained vehicle.

·
Registered
84 Posts
2008 Enclave with a June 2008 production date. (right after 2008 Lancing strike)
Mileage only a bit less than 39,000 kilometres (about 24,000 miles or 450 miles per month).
Retired four years ago, so mostly driving around town.
Seven months left on the five year powertrain warranty.
No transmission problems yet.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
senkler said:
2008 Enclave, 107k miles and the wave plate failed today. In the two years I have owned the car it has been in for shift solenoid, transmission solenoid, water pump and now the wave plate. I am deeply regretting ever buying this vehicle. The luxurious interior and smooth ride do not make up for constant issues on a well maintained vehicle.
I am sorry about your car's wave plate and transmission problems. Being a first model year vehicle, the 2008 Enclave certainly has its share of issues. :sosad:

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
I am sorry about your car's wave plate and transmission problems. Being a first model year vehicle, the 2008 Enclave certainly has its share of issues. :sosad:
:happy: :happy: I read the first sentence and thought you were Buick Customer Service!!!

·
Registered
956 Posts
senkler said:
Was your transmission wave plate failure diagnosed by a GM dealer?

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
rockyp said:
:happy: :happy: I read the first sentence and thought you were Buick Customer Service!!!
I understand your perspective in this situation. Please feel free to contact me with any updates regarding your thoughts on this matter.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
I understand your perspective in this situation. Please feel free to contact me with any updates regarding your thoughts on this matter.
I think I will have another beer. :beer:

1 - 20 of 86 Posts