EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

If the powertrain warranty has already expired, has your lambda's wave plate failed yet?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
FalconEddy said:
You know, I see all these recalls in the news lately. It's really getting to be more and more commonplace at this point in time.

Then I think to myself, wouldn't it be interesting if some National News anchor had a 2008 Enclave, or other Lambda plagued vehicle having the wave plate issue; and they decided to investigate the situation and found out what we already know.

I wonder how things might shake out with a little over the airwaves publicity.

Right now, I believe things are too contained within the current ownership to make any real noise or dent in future GM sales. But, if people see a newscast about a defective part that wasn't repaired, even after the warranty expired, that wouldn't sit well with a LOT of future GM buyers. Especially now with their failure to act on the ignition tumbler scenario.

. . Falcon
I agree that a little publicity could go a long way in getting a more favorable GM stance on the wave plate failure issue. Are there any reporters on the forum? ;)

·
Super Moderator
21,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
***Since this poll pertains to the original 5 year/100,000 mile powertrain warranty, which has now been supplemented by an extended 10 year/120,000 mile wave plate warranty, those who want a chance to vote regarding their circumstances prior to the recent warranty supplementation will have until 04/30/15. After that date, this poll will be closed.***

·
Registered
3 Posts
With 2008 Enclave showing hesitation/shaking problems entirely in the approx range of 3rd & 5th gears over last month+, I took it in to dealer to check if it is any early indicator (at 119K miles) of wave plate problem. Service tech states that it is not related to wave plate but is the torque converter and would require a $2,400 replace/repair bill. Clearly not good news and curiously still wondering if 100% true that there is no connection to the very common wave plate failures ?

Doing some research to decide on best repair options - Only torque converter, also replace wave plate (+ $$xxx more while repairing TC), rebuild or replace transmission at $xxx? Anyone have ballpark ideas for these options from experience or suggestions?

Also debating a 2nd price estimate from a local Cottman transmission service shop.

Thanks for any feedback

·
Registered
717 Posts
thedalbos said:
With 2008 Enclave showing hesitation/shaking problems entirely in the approx range of 3rd & 5th gears over last month+, I took it in to dealer to check if it is any early indicator (at 119K miles) of wave plate problem. Service tech states that it is not related to wave plate but is the torque converter and would require a $2,400 replace/repair bill. Clearly not good news and curiously still wondering if 100% true that there is no connection to the very common wave plate failures ?

Doing some research to decide on best repair options - Only torque converter, also replace wave plate (+ $$xxx more while repairing TC), rebuild or replace transmission at $xxx? Anyone have ballpark ideas for these options from experience or suggestions?

Also debating a 2nd price estimate from a local Cottman transmission service shop.

Thanks for any feedback
If they have to open the transmission then replace the wave plate - shouldnt be that much extra. The Wave plates just "fail" - no warning since they break. The TC and wave plate failures have no connection that I am aware of.

Id get a quote on a reman unit also - Solenoids have been a possible problem also and with the miles you have you dont want to spend $2500 only to have the solenoids go shortly there after and spend another $2000 to fix those (most of the cost is getting the tranny out/back in)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wave Plate/Powertrain Warranty

I own a 2009 Buick Enclave that has had major quality issues over the past several years. My most recent experience is the straw that has broken the camel’s back. My wife was traveling to another town when she called me to inform me her Enclave would not shift into reverse, leaving her stranded in another town. After finally getting the vehicle to our local dealer I researched the issue to find there was an extended coverage on the 2007-2009 Buick Enclave with the 6 speed 6T75 transmissions for the 35R wave plate under warranty 14404. My Buick has the 6 speed 6T75 transmission listed in the extended coverage. However when I opened a GM customer ticket on this issue I was informed that my vehicle did not have the coverage, because it was manufactured two weeks after the last VIN listed on the extended warranty and in a different facility. My ticket number is 71-1491135159. I find it very strange that the same year 2009, same brand Buick, same transmission and same issue would not be covered under this extended warranty. I am sure the supplier of parts is not specific to one factory and some of the defective parts remained in the factory and were put into my transmission.

·
Registered
5,946 Posts
Re: Wave Plate/Powertrain Warranty

rsncdb said:
I own a 2009 Buick Enclave that has had major quality issues over the past several years. My most recent experience is the straw that has broken the camel’s back. My wife was traveling to another town when she called me to inform me her Enclave would not shift into reverse, leaving her stranded in another town. After finally getting the vehicle to our local dealer I researched the issue to find there was an extended coverage on the 2007-2009 Buick Enclave with the 6 speed 6T75 transmissions for the 35R wave plate under warranty 14404. My Buick has the 6 speed 6T75 transmission listed in the extended coverage. However when I opened a GM customer ticket on this issue I was informed that my vehicle did not have the coverage, because it was manufactured two weeks after the last VIN listed on the extended warranty and in a different facility. My ticket number is 71-1491135159. I find it very strange that the same year 2009, same brand Buick, same transmission and same issue would not be covered under this extended warranty. I am sure the supplier of parts is not specific to one factory and some of the defective parts remained in the factory and were put into my transmission.
:welcome: to the forum rsncdb. Sorry to hear you are not covered under the warranty. My 08 built 04/24/2007, isn't covered either from what I have been informed. Last 6 VIN 100222. Very early model off the line.I hope that you start working thru private messages here to Buick Customer Servicr, call Lansing/Detroit customer service an state your case. Someone should be able to give you some goodwill on this. Good luck and keep us posted as to what ends up happening.

81 - 86 of 86 Posts