EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any know if you can wax the gray bumpers and bottom side moldings. Usually on plastic I wouldn't attempt, but this seems more smooth than some. I don't want it to turn white and faded after waxing the way some does. I'm mainly concerned about the front to help keep bugs from sticking. ???
Thanks,
Billy

·
Registered
181 Posts
I use First Place Car Finish and have treated the cladding when I polish the car. Did this last Aug and two days ago. Didn't seem to affect mine yet!
The bugs do come off easier on the front. I have the red Jewel Tint with Grey Cladding.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I used ZAINO on wifey's lower cladding and it seems to work well.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I think he was talking about the Enclave...

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
2MuchCoffee said:
With coming nuptials it's a good thing you pay attention to important details and language! LOL! :rofl: :clap2:
Thanks, I had a couple of more I was debating such as:

Is the Zaino a Brazilian product ???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tried cruiser68's suggestion one time but woke up a week later in intesive care! :happy: ;)

Thanks guys

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
:clap2: :clap2: :clap: :clap: ;D

·
Registered
41 Posts
We just took delivery of our 2008 Enclave this weekend and I was wondering the same thing. The lower portion appears to be the same kind of paint used above on the metal panels of the car so I plan to do an inital wax on that portion. It is not just 'raw' plastic that is the same color throughout like you see on some vehicle lower side sill panels for instance.

I'm having a 3M Sotchguard clear mask installed this week to save this area from rock chips and bugs since the painted plastic tends to chip VERY easily. I have noticed a drastic difference on my other vehicle that has several rock chips on the small areas where the clear mask doesn't cover.

·
Registered
349 Posts
So I guess I set myself up for that one!

Good thing my wife doesn't read hear otherwise I would have to explain why I was applying Zaino to her lower cladding. I'm SURE she would not have taken that kindly :happy:

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
cruiser68 said:
So I guess I set myself up for that one!

Good thing my wife doesn't read hear otherwise I would have to explain why I was applying Zaino to her lower cladding. I'm SURE she would not have taken that kindly :happy:
Sorry cruiser et al too easy, couldn't resist....Surprised I got that one past Axiama...

·
Registered
349 Posts
blurrybill said:
Why censor what you're interested in? ;D

BB
No no, the Zaino ENHANCES , not censors :thumb: I still think I'll avoid pointing this thread out to her.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm glad you guys are just talking bout the front of the car I'd hate to think about the comments on the rear end. :bootyshake:

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
BoSoxFans said:
I'm glad you guys are just talking bout the front of the car I'd hate to think about the comments on the rear end. :bootyshake:
LOL, yes that does bring a few things to mind, but I will try and put those behind me... :thumb:

·
Registered
50 Posts
If you want the best for the lower part get the Eagle One Nanowax spray and apply with microfiber towels. The stuff is amazing.

·
Registered
84 Posts
bsox I think your being paged at a Sports Arena in Australia, gooday mate.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts