EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife was driving (Emma is hers after all) 32 degree heavy rain on a remote freeway below the speed limit (about 65 in a 70) and a new Dodge Durango comes flying by to pass, only to start spinning right in front of us. It was like a movie scene from Mission Impossible or something - quite scary. Must have been a little icy on the road, but the Enclave stayed the course and my wife kept on the brake steadily. He was so close that we thought for sure we would hit him. The guy ended up on the median without flipping, which was a miracle. The Enclave was very impressive safety wise, and we slowed down quite a bit without spinning or swerving. The tires didn't hydroplane at all all day during this strong nor'easter.

TM

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
that would be scary/cool(afterwards if nobodys hurt)..

Enclave is the BEST!!

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gmoney_2010 said:
that would be scary/cool(afterwards if nobodys hurt)..

Enclave is the BEST!!
We looked, and the guy was alright, so we kept going. Would have stopped to help if need be. Wife needed a half hour to really calm down and got a bit paranoid the rest of the day. She was very happy with the Enclave.

TM

·
Registered
344 Posts
Wow, Tin Man! Thank goodness you avoided that one! :thumb: Glad to hear the car does so well in an emergency. I had a little scare the other day also though not as bad as you, a large semi truck with a long flatbed trailer was in the right lane, I was in the left lane, entering the highway, the road makes kind of a sharp left curve and the semi's trailer started crossing into my lane as the truck turned. I had to gun it to get out of it's way. It was slushy out and very messy driving, the morning after about 2 inches of snow. I was like your wife afterwards, very shaky and kind of freaked out for awhile... :confused: :binky:

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Halle's mom said:
I had a little scare the other day also though not as bad as you, a large semi truck with a long flatbed trailer was in the right lane, I was in the left lane, entering the highway, the road makes kind of a sharp left curve and the semi's trailer started crossing into my lane as the truck turned.
I absolutely hate drving near semi's. I was riding with someone last year that sat next to the semi trailer for several miles in a row and I **** near reached out and pushed the accelerator for him. I hate being next to those things for just the reason you stated.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PAPoPo said:
I'd say you are more than lucky driving that fast in heavy rain...glad it all worked out for you.
Yeah, it wasn't heavy enough a rain to limit visibility. I think the road itself started getting icy and there were no other cars until the SUV passed us.

TM

·
Registered
120 Posts
Glad you are all okay and the car too!

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Clave Man said:
Great news that nothing happened. Glad to hear the FWD models hold their own in these situations.
iDrive said:
Glad you are all okay and the car too!
Thanks! She's still talking about it. Nice job by GM IMO.

Haven't "tried" the anti-lock brakes yet or the stability control. Having good tires on a stable platform is key.

TM

·
Registered
103 Posts
zman said:
I absolutely hate drving near semi's. I was riding with someone last year that sat next to the semi trailer for several miles in a row and I **** near reached out and pushed the accelerator for him. I hate being next to those things for just the reason you stated.

Well if your friend had ever seen a tire blow out on those things, he'd never ride beside one again. Their tire blowouts rarely stop them since they are retreads but, when those things come off, the chunks of retread will completely mess up your car and can cause an accident.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts