EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering! Does anyone have experience they can share? Are we talking days, weeks?? I'm starting to get impatient ;) Production is March 10th.

SM

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
My guess is around two weeks--that's what it took for me, and I'm a fair distance from Lansing. Congratulations!! You will l♥ve it! And yes, it is worth the wait! [/color] :friday:

·
Registered
344 Posts
My build date was October 29th, it shipped on November 5th, and I picked her up on November 19th. That was with me bird dogging them every day. If I hadn't been such a pest I know it would have been after Thanksgiving (that I received it), the dealer wanted to wait until after the holidays. uhhh, NO! :whip: I live in Spokane, Washington, purchased and picked up Halle in Kellogg, Idaho.

Congratulations! I know you are very excited. Be sure to tell us about your first impressions, you will fall in love!! :love:

PS you will find, though, that there are varying wait times, yours may be shorter.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I agree with my very intelligent and beautiful friend Rosita, mine arrived at the dealer within 10 days of the build and picked it up the next day...The rest is history

·
Registered
612 Posts
Depends on where you live. If you live in Lansing MI it could be 1 day. If in Key West, FL it could 21 days..

In my case my build week was specified on 12/17/07. I called the dealer on 12/20 and he said the system said it was built on 12/20 ("today" we screamed together). I came in the next morning on a surprise unexpected "drop in" to ask about financing. They looked at me and said "oh we tried calling you. You're car is in the shop being prepped. This was 12/21.

My conclusion on the whole thing is that the GM status computer can be up to a week out of date. My car could not have been built on 12/20 as the computer said. Probably was built a week earlier.

Just prepare to be happily surprised (and ready mentally to do the deal "an hour from now").

·
Registered
26 Posts
My order was accepted by GM on 1/10/2008 and told a build week of 2/4. I picked up from NJ dealer on 2/13. Much quicker than expected! The Enclave is awesome, worth the wait esp when you get it built to your specs.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
we are going to order as soon as possible for an 09 and i just hope we get it before school starts again this fall... so i can spend alot of time in it and getting the first couple coats of Zaino on it :thumb:

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
bsox said:
I agree with my very intelligent and beautiful friend Rosita, mine arrived at the dealer within 10 days of the build and picked it up the next day...The rest is history
:love:

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered my Enclave on 1/5/08 and the dealer said it would take 6-8 weeks. I talked with the general manager today and he won't even give me a status code. Does anyone know if there is another way to get a status code update other than the dealer?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
HOLY CRAP that is a LONG tIME!!!!!!! i would be out of my mind and probably have a lawsuit against me from the dealer or GM if i had to wait that long from the time i ordered!! :blob: :banghead: :confused: :help: :eek:hno: :sosad: :angryfire: :angryfire: >:D :'( :-\ :eek:

WOW[/color]

·
Registered
8 Posts
soccermommyabc said:
Just wondering! Does anyone have experience they can share? Are we talking days, weeks?? I'm starting to get impatient ;) Production is March 10th.

SM
Your production should be sometime the week of March 10th. Your delivery date will depend on it's actual build day. Your dealer will receive an invoice from GM the day that it goes to ship status, in Maryland it takes 10 days from receiving that invoice for the Enclave to arrive. Once it arrives at the dealership your dealer will have to do a pre-delivery inspection which doesn't take too long (quick road test, check fluids, etc).

My guess is that yours should be at your dealer the last week of March.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts