EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

181 - 200 of 237 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
The 19" tire size really limits the options for on spec tires with truly good snow and overall performance characteristics. I think that the Bridgestone Dueler Alenzas are a good all around performer, and I think that they are available in the 19" and 20" Enclave sizes. Please check out the latest tire size options and performance reviews on TireRack.com, for example, to research your car's options further.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
dubunderpar said:
So my wife and I just picked up our new (to us) 2008 AWD CXL with every option. I just took my first drive and I must say that this is such a smooth refined and well equipped vehicle. I am an avid car fanatic and typically focus on my modified Mazdaspeed 6 GT, but the E is a whole nother animal. I am also a mechanic, so I plan to help out as much as I can for all the DIY folks here. Since I am also on the mazdaspeed forum ALOT I am sure I will venture here more and more.

First things first though, I have noticed that there are limited choices when it comes to tires and ours will be needing to be replaced. We live in Syracuse, NY where we get a ton of snow, but my wife's commute is only 10 minutes and I'm not sure that 1000 bucks for a set of snows will be necessary seeing as my mazda is AWD with snows if we really needed to go somewhere. What are the better options we have available for all-seasons as far as winter traction is concerned? Thanks in advance.

dubunderpar,
I would like to congratulate you on your new Enclave! Also welcome to the forum! I am always here and happy to help in any way that I can so please feel free to contact me anytime with any questions, comments or concerns that may have. Enjoy your Enclave!!
Thank you,
Stacy Buick Customer Service

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
admin said:
Hey future Buick Enclave owners! Welcome to what we hope to be the place on the Internet for everything Enclave. Here, you'll find forums, picture galleries, polls and a calendar of events for America's favorite new Crossover Utility Vehicle. I own the Enclave's sister car, a GMC Acadia and have a real interest in seeing these Lambdas do well, so I plan to be an active forum participant and always around to keep things fresh and up-to-date.

As always, the standard rules apply - Try to keep posts on-topic, keep flame wars to a minimum, no racial or disrespectful comments.

If there is something we can do to make this site better, please don't hesitate to let us know. After all, the members are what it's all about. Let's make this a great community for all Enclave fans!

Thanks, and welcome to Enclaveforum.net!
Admin
*** In light of some recent activity on the forum, the introductory rules of the forum are being reposted. Please take the time to read the copied post above and be sure to abide by the behavior and thoughtfulness that is expected of our forum members. Thanks. ***

·
Registered
592 Posts
Newbie checking in here. New to this site, but not new to car forums in general. Very active on Ecoboostowners.com ( 2010 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost) and cadillacowners.com (2001Seville SLS) and impalaforums.com ( where I am a moderator, used to own a 2009 Impala SS).

I work about 4 miles from where the Lamdas are made here in Lansing, Michigan. Live in East Lansing (I see at least one other active member nearby , from Holt Michigan). Just bought my wife a Diamond White 2010 CXL 1 with rear buckets, rear DVD, roof, 19 chromes. Trading in the Cadillac, which we have owned for 10 years.

I am looking forward to listening, learning, and gaining knowledge here.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Welcome! :thumb:

·
Registered
592 Posts
/\ Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
:welcome: to the forum and to the Enclave experience. Your background and knowledge should lead to a good exchange of helpful information.

·
Registered
2 Posts
After years of imports for personal vehicle(toyota) I am making a right turn and jumping into the Enclave pool. Had a Traverse for a company vehicle and loved the elbow room and the ride. Took a few more years before I could pull the trigger and make the switch. Will take delivery of our 2013 AWD premium Enclave this weekend. Wife works for supplier and was able to get decent discount. Bad news? Wife will be primary driver :eek: as I am stuck in my company Equinox during the week. Looking forward to lots of drives from IL to PA to see our son :).

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Being a 2008 Enclave owner, I am a bit envious. I wish you lots of good luck and enjoyment with your new Enclave. :cheers:

·
Registered
592 Posts
Welcome. I just got my 2010 CXL last week (for my wife). Ironically, I have a 2013 Equinox as a loaner car for the day today. Not a bad ride, and I appreciate the digital speedo. Glad to have you here.

·
Registered
414 Posts
TSS said:
Newbie checking in here. New to this site, but not new to car forums in general. Very active on Ecoboostowners.com ( 2010 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost) and cadillacowners.com (2001Seville SLS) and impalaforums.com ( where I am a moderator, used to own a 2009 Impala SS).

I work about 4 miles from where the Lamdas are made here in Lansing, Michigan. Live in East Lansing (I see at least one other active member nearby , from Holt Michigan). Just bought my wife a Diamond White 2010 CXL 1 with rear buckets, rear DVD, roof, 19 chromes. Trading in the Cadillac, which we have owned for 10 years.

I am looking forward to listening, learning, and gaining knowledge here.
Welcome from another Michigan Enclave owner !

·
Registered
194 Posts
Finally let go of my 2007 GMC Acadia with 66k+ miles.
Just got into a 24-month Buick Experience lease with a 2013 Buick Enclave Leather AWD, White Diamond Tricoat, Fully Loaded. It was a demo vehicle with 5400miles that the dealership has been trying to get off their inventory so I am thinking I got a pretty good deal. Dealership also included add-on stuffs that I don't normally entertain like Acid Rain Protection, Leather and Carpet Upholstery Protector, Road Hazard Tire and Wheel Protector. Vehicle price is $51,+++, Cap Cost is $43,+++. No payments.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Congrats and welcome! Acadia is very nice, but I think you will enjoy the sound deadening and ride in your new Buick.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
:welcome: to the forum and the Enclave community. I wish you the best of luck and enjoyment from your Enclave.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
I am glad that you've already found this forum to be helpful. There is a great exchange of knowledge and ideas here. :thumb:

·
Registered
48 Posts
All cars, even expensive ones have their issues. Hopefully with knowledge comes preventative maintenence and years of enjoyment. Even the half mil fire trucks I used to drive broke down once in a while, thankfully! not during any critical assignments.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Everyone,this is my first post. I just ordered my 2014 champagne/silver Enclave a week ago. Can't wait for it to arrive. I love my 2011 Santa Fe but I've always wanted the enclave. I've been going to different places , reading reviews on the 13's and got a little shaken up reading the reviews on the 08's that were mixed in.

BTW, after reading the comments about this being an old person's car I had to laugh. I'm 67 years old and live in a retirement community in Jersey :D There are 7 of us who hang out togetter so this will make it easier than taking 2 cars when we go someplace. I have 2 grandchilder so it will handle my family of 6. The car (test drive) was a dream, quiet, smooth no noise. Wonderful safety features too besides being a beautiful car in and out. So yes I'm on the old side but this car will make me feel young again and it's great to buy/lease American again.

Hopefully I'll have the car in about another month. I let you know how I like it but will continue reading these forums to get new info.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. I remember the excitement of anticipation of purchasing a brand new Enclave. I still love mine, and it is the understandably unnerving 2008 model. Let us know how you're purchase experience unfolds and how your 2014 Enclave lives up to your expectations.

181 - 200 of 237 Posts
About this Discussion
236 Replies
99 Participants
GoldEnclave
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing